Here is the Govt's Response to The complaint

Re: ImmigrationWatch.com is bogus

Immigrationwatch.com might have incomplete database but I don't think it's bogus. But SBCTSUBLC's report is generated from actual CIS data. Follow VSC tracker forum for that report which will give a clear picture of the backlog at CIS, VSC.

Originally posted by I140_2003
Edison, Nemesis

The analysis presented by nemesis is nice. But the underlying data from ImmigrationWatch.com is wrong. From the site, if you add up the total number of cases across the service centers by case type, the numbers reported by them falls far short of the figures published by CIS.

For example, as per that site the total number of I140 cases filed in 2003 is 47K and number of cases approved is 32K, while the actual number is around 175K as per CIS. For I130 it is less than 10%.

We do not know who owns the site, the links to register do not work, the login button does nothing. They also do not say where they get their data from.

Most likely, when someone uses the site to query their case status, the info is captured. Which is why the numbers are far less than the actual.

Re: For CINTA Only||||||

Originally posted by Alok2004
Dear CINTA,
Again your comments is very narrow and limited to my identity. I started looking this thread since I came to know Rajiv and others when he fought for my son's employement case. He is waiting for his Green Card and I was simply a moot reader of this forum by hearing from him. When I saw going this thread is just revolving on your baseless personal comments which "P" and others started then today I opened my account and posted my comments. I was planning to visit Rajiv again next week for that rerason. Please do not obsssesed with some one join late or you are doing something extra so that you need extra attention. This is open for all readers. After this I WILL NOT REPLY even you post any comments as you did for all others. Please respect others. Thanks
Alok

I think is better if you go back to moot status. No offense here but once you were not actively involved from the beginning your agenda is questioned at best. My comments are not baseless personal attacks to begin with..I did not shut up anybody, O.K.As with "P" or anybody else, I think is better if you let people reply themselves and mind your own posts as a forum rule. I certainly need no extra attention as I stayed impersonal throughout and declined any offers of glory...
Needless to say, I do not need your reply. There are a lot of serious issues you can post when and if desired. As far as RESPECT, it is a TWO way street, at least in my culture.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stop This Personal attacks

Guys,
Please stop pasing remarks to each others. CINTA you are not doing any favour by joining this forum since begning as you are indicating time to time. Is this fight between juniors and seniors?...every one is frustreted by your personal comments now. STop this.

Re: Stop This Personal attacks

Originally posted by Ashwini401
Guys,
Please stop pasing remarks to each others. CINTA you are not doing any favour by joining this forum since begning as you are indicating time to time. Is this fight between juniors and seniors?...every one is frustreted by your personal comments now. STop this.

No. It is not a fight between seniors and juniors or any other group, division. It is a fight for justice that includes all that respect each other. Post critisism is accepted. Again, I suggest you take the current issues and discuss them. By referring to CINTA, you already broke the rules.
And if you are frustrated by my comments, this is your problem, not mine. I certainly did not insult you in any way, nor do i know you.

Hmmmmmm

Hey you know what ( everyone ) who is posting unwanted/meaningless replies, lets talk about movies, its no less than that.

Am i being sarcastic ...... NAHHHHHHHH.....

Cheers....

Now something more important

Our GC ...
Cinta Do you have any new ideas -- updates
Any body??

Hey do you think the signature (or the ID) for cinta should change to "Eligible to Be Volunteer shouter" :)
Cinta you are my hero - who I can talk to about by GC since you now soo many people " AILA, MPI and Congress and other lobbying groups and people". ;) :) this is the coolest fight ever

Forigive Cinta

disney2k, AjaySomani, isakimuthu, ashwini401, and all others. Just ignore Cinta and concentrate on the main topic. He is not in his control. Forgive him.

no 'natural justice'?....

Guys,

I'm posting this news item here just to show how diffrent court's view are? Isn't there something like 'natural justice'?

Please read-on.

http://www.cleveland.com/cuyahoga/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/cuyahoga/1080820572235610.xml

<Extract from the above link:

Immigrant loses fight to stay here

04/01/04

Robert L. Smith and Damian Guevara
Plain Dealer Reporters

A Lakewood(Ohio) woman's fight to remain in the United States with her three children ended Wednesday when immigration officials put her on a flight to her native Venezuela

Amina Silmi must start a new life without her children ages 5, 6 and 12. The Muslim woman's case aroused widespread sympathy and alarm. She had lived in the United States for 14 years.

"Every remedy that was possible was exhausted," said Greg Palmore, a spokesman for Immigration and Customs Enforcement of the Department of Homeland Security.

Local advocates of Silmi expressed outrage. None had fought harder for her than Julia Shearson, director of the Cleveland office of the Council on American-Islamic Relations.

"Unfortunately, I think the government made the wrong decision here," Shearson said. "It's not the first wrong decision they've ever made."

Shearson said Silmi did not receive due process and characterized her plight as a civil rights issue.

"It's very easy to scapegoat immigrants," Shearson said. "It's very easy to say that they're the cause of our problems."

Born in Venezuela to Palestinian parents, Silmi came to America in 1990 on a visitor's visa. She married twice and gave birth to three children without attaining legal residency status. In 2001, an immigration judge ordered her to be deported.

Silmi fought that order for three years but finally surrendered to federal authorities in Cleveland on Feb. 4 and pleaded for another chance. Supporters rallied to her side and said it was cruel to force a mother to leave behind her children, all of whom are American citizens.

Others claimed Silmi was a victim of anti-Muslim bias in the wake of the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001.

Silmi's appeals were exhausted March 18, when a federal appeals board refused to reopen her case. In recent days, friends and family knew she could be deported at any moment.

Palmore noted that the government offered to pay to fly Silmi's three children with her to Venezuela but Silmi declined. She left her children in the care of a sister, Jamila Jabr, in North Olmsted.

>

class action...

poongunranar,

Your comments make a very intresting reading about the legal perspective. Keep up your postings & don't get distracted by ...

Few quesions regarding class action...

- If the first litmus test is to admit this case as 'class action' then, What are the strong arguments we have in favour?

- Generally what all makes the basis (by the court) for a case to be considered as 'class action'?

- How long time the court takes to admit or deny a class action?

Thanks.

All,

Guys please leave this topic Cinta v/s Others...

Everybody is valuable in this forum. Cinta, Poongunranar, disney2k, AjaySomani, isakimuthu, ashwini401, Alok2004 ...

Cinta has contributed a lot to this forum and Poongunranar's postings are valuable too.

We should not iritate anyone to the extent that he/she leave this forum.

Can we use similar cases to strengthen ours ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Suit to proceed as class action against Homeland Security
See the link....

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistor...politan/2480781

DHS is loosing out
------------------------------------------------------

Everyone,

I am not by any means a legal expert, so please excuse my naive question. Disclaimers aside, can we use other similar cases, like the one posted above to strengthen our case for getting this as a class action suit ?

I mean if we read the description of the above case, ours isnt too different in principle namely, hardship caused due to delays in DHS processing.

will appreciate all replies

regards
BacklogBlues

Re: Can we use similar cases to strengthen ours ?

Originally posted by BacklogBlues
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
See the link....

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistor...politan/2480781

DHS is loosing out
------------------------------------------------------

Everyone,

I am not by any means a legal expert, so please excuse my naive question. Disclaimers aside, can we use other similar cases, like the one posted above to strengthen our case for getting this as a class action suit ?

I mean if we read the description of the above case, ours isnt too different in principle namely, hardship caused due to delays in DHS processing.

will appreciate all replies

regards
BacklogBlues

jat, BacklogBlues,

Good update. The original news about this suit was made public a while ago in one of these forums and Rajiv was asked about any updates. Here is the news. Thanks guys.

here is the link for the non-believers:

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?threadid=94080&perpage=15&pagenumber=59

in defense of Cinta...

Originally posted by M1O1
What a reply - you are indeed a leader(did it sound pun - no no I am serious about it.)

Yes respect is a two way street and cinta owns both of them. :eek:

Upload you pic cinta - my neighbourhood kids are bugging their dad to take them to zoo. :eek:

Don't worry cinta will go in hiding once he gets his green card - he will not appear here any more - then you will realize what you are missing - ok?

And please do not attack a peace loving person - he has always been so tolerant towards each of us. And mind you - I do not mean any pun. I cannot stand someone attacking such a graceful and nice person esp disney2k, AjaySomani, isakimuthu, ashwini401, Alok2004, Mr. poongunranar (your name is greek to me.) and rest of the world - I mean whole world OK?

Cool cinta - I am with you. :eek:

I want to reiterate my strongest and whole hearted respect for Cinta...I reiterated even in couple of mails on some previous occasions..
The amount of research he has done and the amount of reports he brought to the attention of this forum...probably no one has done... I really mean no one...I have seen his passion and I am one of his admirers...

Alok2004,
I can understand you sentiments. I also belong to the same identity as you. Probably one needs to accept on the totality of one contribution and not on some of the postings which one does not like. If you follow Cinta's contribution to this forum closely, probably you would have appreciated his passion.

Rajiv,
I think the personal slandering reached a peak and I request you to delete all the postings which were concentrated on attacking each other. To be fair, remove this posting also.

-rajum

Re: in defense of Cinta...

Originally posted by rajum
I want to reiterate my strongest and whole hearted respect for Cinta...I reiterated even in couple of mails on some previous occasions..
The amount of research he has done and the amount of reports he brought to the attention of this forum...probably no one has done... I really mean no one...I have seen his passion and I am one of his admirers...

Alok2004,
I can understand you sentiments. I also belong to the same identity as you. Probably one needs to accept on the totality of one contribution and not on some of the postings which one does not like. If you follow Cinta's contribution to this forum closely, probably you would have appreciated his passion.

Rajiv,
I think the personal slandering reached a peak and I request you to delete all the postings which were concentrated on attacking each other. To be fair, remove this posting also.

-rajum

I remove my last post due to rajum's reply. If you feel so strongly about something - I will not like to hurt you(or any nice person for that matter.).

However I feel cinta should allow free flow of idea - no matter what! If anyone disagrees with his idea - he stoops down and surprisingly most of the seniors never say anything! If you go thru posts - you will see so many people have just stopped contributing in this section. Some of those have been very active in other places even now. rajum - this high handedness will lead to nowhere! As suggested by cinta - be moot, if disagree - I accept it.

rajum I would ask you not to delete your post - one day you will like to read it again.

Good luck and good bye thread.

P.S. One last edit to my post: Non - believer means different things to different people/society/religion. It hurts - it is out of context usage - anything to say rajum? Who is calling non-believer to whom? And do not reply to this post - I will not return to read that either.

Re: rajum

Originally posted by poongunranar
Kudos, my friend. I applaud you for painstakingly redacting a lengthy reply. I beg to differ as well as concur on most of it. This is the power of debate and arguments. You, with all your frustration, haven't given up hope to challenge facts. So, once again I want to applaud you....

Poongunranar,
Thanks for your positive words about me. Also I appreciate your clarifications..

I wish I can articulate like you....

I am not in this country on the mercy of CIS...I am here on my own merits and on the goodwill of people of America..on America's innate sense of justice and it's courage to stand up to its priniciples embedded in its declaration of independence....

Bush era is clearly an aberration in its 230 years of independence, may be with an exception of Mccarthyism period in 50s....and I believe that this country will come out of this mob-frenzy mode and will revitalizes itself on sane policies...if that hope is lost, then I will pack my bags on the first day....

I read in Rajiv posting's about your mentioning about Judge Kyle's observations ...in fact the judgement was posted in this forums couple of months ago by Cinta and some other people...Judge made the right observations...

I never attended a court...but I know how the court proceedings will be and what can the classic example than Clinton's testimony.....How he defended that he didn't had sex with her...rather she had sex with him...
However,I got great respect for Clinton and his presidency is one of the best years in American history.
Sometimes, despite having merits in the case we may not win the case...In that respect, I agree with you..

But in some of the postings, I felt that you have stretched the reasonableness in projecting an alternative position or defendants position in some of the issues.

Like for ex: in FIFO or LIFO situations, I don't think CIS will argue that it is the prerogative of its agency to process and courts cannot dictate agency on FIFO. I don't think CIS will take that position. If someone confronts CIS with that question then CIS will simply say that in priniciple, we will follow FIFO order but however every case is different and depending on the complexity of the case, the processing time may vary. We can prove that there is nothing like complexity and it is simply the agency callousness only if court allows us. So, it depends on the judge....

I am eager to see what position it takes on 180 days. Unlike you suggested, I don't think that it will confront that it is not enforceable and hence it has denied in its reply It might take the position that 180 day is only a guideline but not binding and it tries to explain that it has made every effort to reduce the backlogs and might say that still it is committed to 180 day rule..

I strongly believe, CIS will never take the position that they got resource or logistics problem.They argue that security checks are placing them under additional responsibility for extra scrutiny and that is delaying the cases.
In all the above three counts, it all depends on how far the judge allows us to question the defendants. In that respect, I agree with you that if one enters the court one really knows how helpless an individual might feel despite having good points..

lastly, I might have wrongly interpreted your stand and if so, I apologize for the same and withdraw my statement .

-rajum

nemessis

I saw the data posted by you. If I understand correct - INS has touched more I485 application on 29 Mar'04 than on 18th Jan '04. Now to prove that they are statiscally different, it may be difficult. So the argument that they are not working now on I485 cases will not hold good.
But the analysis on TAB 3 - EB_VSC_485 - that the I485 processing time has increased is a good data.
Good analysis.

Strategy , strategy & strategy

Edison , cinta and "P" please do not forget that the key here is Strategy , strategy & strategy ... and at this time this is what really matters.

Each legal comment posted relvent to the case (Govt's response) must be carefully examined (by those capable) .....to better prepare for the case .

Please avoid personal comments. (In the end the only winners / losers will be us).

I think everybody here shold be "mature" enough to take a step back and revisit what they had posted.

Thank you & Regards.

Re: Re: in defense of Cinta...

Originally posted by M1O1
I remove my last post due to rajum's reply. If you feel so strongly about something - I will not like to hurt you(or any nice person for that matter.).

However I feel cinta should allow free flow of idea - no matter what! If anyone disagrees with his idea - he stoops down and surprisingly most of the seniors never say anything! If you go thru posts - you will see so many people have just stopped contributing in this section. Some of those have been very active in other places even now. rajum - this high handedness will lead to nowhere! As suggested by cinta - be moot, if disagree - I accept it.

rajum I would ask you not to delete your post - one day you will like to read it again.

Good luck and good bye thread.

P.S. One last edit to my post: Non - believer means different things to different people/society/religion. It hurts - it is out of context usage - anything to say rajum? Who is calling non-believer to whom? And do not reply to this post - I will not return to read that either.

M101,
My posting is never intended against any individual including you. I think we should refrain from personal attacks as we are here for a cause...

It is unfortunate that I sounded high handedness to you. With all my humbleness, I request you not to view my posting that way.

I can guess your reason of asking me not to delete my posting... in fact, Cinta has admonished me in one of the posting previously..and see my reply couple of posting later in the same page...
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=94080&threadid=94080&perpage=15&pagenumber=58

As I replied to Alok2004, one has to judge the person on the totality of his contribution. I stand by it.

Rajiv,
I request you to delete all these postings...

-rajum

I am not sure whether someone left this forum because of Cinta's responses. I am in this forum for the last three years and I have seen active persons leaving as one cannot expect to actively participate always.

Originally posted by gc4health
I am not sure if the following points can be used for legal proceedings

1. Got rejected when I apply for a credit card, as I don't have GC and they don't recognize EADs/APs. ( Hudson Valley Federal Credit Union )

2. Got rejected, when applied for Mortage from one of the Lender as I am having the status of non-resident Alien

If needed I can supply the written rejections letters.

The list goes on and on. Seems like there is no end to the extent we are being suffered.
Last Nov I was flying to India with my family and two days prior to travel I heard that some europian countries are forcing visa regulations to change flights at thier terminals. First I ignored it as a big joke but later on I called Airlines and each time they gave me different answers. I tried calling consulate for several hours and nobody there picked up phone.
These countries do not recognise AP, etc and would ask for transit visa for flight changeover. This is pathetic, isn't it ?
Firstly, I have to pay every few months to get AP, then I have to pay these countries for letting me use their airports to change flights just because USCIS is not approving my GC. Wow, what a life ? Needless to say collateral damages in getting these fraud ( I do not hesitate to use this word) visas like travel to visa posts, loss of work, visa fees, mental stress, etc.