Here is a opportunity for all of you

bagchi Moloy

Registered Users (C)
Here is a Job opportunity for all of you

If anybody is interested in few projects in .NET (with very good knowledge in >>>XML, ASP.NET, C#, VB.NET, and of course SQL server2000 Administration) ,Good knowledge in JavaScript is highly required. It is not a prank. (I don’t make prank). The job is going to be in beamsville, Ontario (a bit of a drive from Toronto or Mississauga). They will not pay that much. You, if selected, will be working with me in all of those projects. You might be able to negotiate some days to work from home but 3 days out of 7 you have to on site. If you are seriously interested send me an email. Again there will be interviews and pay will not be that good when you start and it is in Beamsville, Ontario. I fortunately had a contract (long term) and they need one more people with me. In interview they will be looking for your soft skills as well (like how good you speak English-because, sometimes you have to go see client).

Please understand that I am not trying to pull anything here. You are going to be the employee of that organization and going to be working with me. You will be getting paid directly from them. My only intention here is to help one of you if possible. If you are seriously interested, contact me at moloyus@yahoo.com and then I will give you the phone number of me and that company in wine country.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations

Outstanding Moloy! Its great to hear that you have got something.

Its been a long road.

Careful driving after these trips to wine country
;)

Congrats Moloy...

I had some questions about temp jobs...Do you mind if I email you?

Thank you guys

First of all Thank you rzz1vv and mercury6 . I will be very careful driving down the road and no matter how tempting it is I will try to control myself.

For mercury6 , yes please send me an email and I will get back to you with my or their phone number.
Moloy

So nobody needs jobs!!!

I though the biggest complain that we (qualified immigrants) have here in Canada is joblessness. But I have not received any reply from anybody regarding the job opportunity that I posted.

I am really confused here>>> do all of you have jobs ??. If it is true then why you guys are so upset about not having jobs.... I am really confused

Anyway good luck to all .

Moloy

Moloy,

No need to be confused about anything. In your 'job' you stated twice that the pay isn't as good and you also stated it's even further away from mississauga. 2 very good reasons it might have turned off people. Not to mention the fact that not everyone might have the skill set you mentioned. And regardless of all that, just bcoz no one showed interest, it still doesnt alter the fact that canada in reality does not have jobs.

Ray S

Your attitude is getting a little tiresome. And pretty hypocritical too. Unlike you, *i* have been living in canada for almost 3 yrs now. My car, hasnt touched even a single state of US unlike yours having travelled all 25. I, haven't been consulting in LA, chicago and wheresoever else. Thus, not only do i know the reality of canda but *i* can deal with it too. I know why i'm here and i got no qualms accepting the pros and cons of my situation. So for every 2 friends you gimme tales of, i can give you similar stories for 20 of mine!

You, ought to stop preaching. I don't think any of us here need a class in 'positive-thinking' or a 'self help' speech.

Last but not the least, the forum is meant to provide info to people, not to judge them, pick on them or try to change their mindset. If some find canada shitty, then so be. Atleast we'r duly living here, which ofcourse can't be said for many others present on this forum!

Ray S,

In one post you tell us about your US GC experience. How you moved from the west coast to the east coast and back for a Green Card.

Probably your job prospects are better in the US than in Canada that you are still here. If things were rosy up north, you would have left the US the day you got your Canadian landing papers. Isn't that the point of immigrating ? Come on live up to your promise.

A Canadian friend (not an immigrant) of mine was actually surprised to hear that I was planning on immigrating up north. He said that lack of good jobs (atleast in his field) made him move south of the border. Don't know if many of you know this, brain drain to the south of the border is actually an issue in Canada ! Nurses, Doctors, Engineers to name a few.

You seem to confirm that by your state hoping in your quest for that faster LC processing state.

Ray, don't get me wrong here. If you do get your US GC, I 'll be happy for you, for it opens up a really huge job market for you and your family.

To the others that are in Canada today, you will get what you want one day or the other. Don't lose heart.

Merci Bien/Thank you

Let me Clarify myself to Priya

Priya75,

You, most likely, misunderstood me. If everybody in this forum is complaining about not having jobs it means they are not doing jobs in their fields in Canada. When you don’t have anything (again no jobs in your fields), it doesn’t matter how low paid the job is and how far it is, you take it so that you can take the first step towards right direction. (In fact when we graduated in Rhode Island in 1995, none of us got the first job in Rhode Island, all of us had to move out to other state and being newcomer, our pay was really low.) You can only pick and choose when you have options. If you don’t have options (as you were saying that job market is bad and it is very hard to get a job), you grab whatever you get to start with and then make further career move.

As far as the Skill sets go, it is hard to believe that none of you, who are actively looking for jobs here in Canada (came from US and settled in Canada), doesn’t possess the skill sets that I mentioned. You are a group of highly qualified professional and I know for fact that you (you means all of you) know more that what I mentioned.

It really means one thing to me; most of you are employed in some industries. The moment you talk about options, that mean you have more than one way to support you and your family (which may not be prestigious or high paid but it pays your bill). In a crunch time like this, it is really encouraging. I hope it stays that way and get better.

To tell you the truth Priya, as my wife cann't go to work(my kid is only 18 months), I still do 2 jobs. I still work as a security guard whole night in the weekend, but I will not let this low paying opportunities go away because this is the only way I can get into Canadian computer industry. Once I get enough exposer of Canadian computer industry, I can take that big leap. But again that is me and I am sure all of you have better plan than me.

Hopefully you understand now why I was little confused to begin with.

(To update the status of my job posting, they have now enough Canadian resumes and other day my boss was telling me that some of them are graduates of U of T computer science and they can do anything to get that first break. Although they are still taking resumes, they are ok now as far as candidates are concerned. Again all my intention was to help one of you so that you can get that first break in Canada and you will have some experience working for Canadian company, which you need most to go ahead professionally in Canada)

Moloy