Help with Form DS-156

sridhartekale

All,

I have a few questions and need help with form DS-156.

Here is a brief back ground about me. I recently done my Masters from Canada. At present, I am in India. I have not joined any employer since I have been made an offer by, say company A. I am not on the pay roll of any company.

My H1B has been approved and I am going to Chennai Consulate for my Visa Stamping.

Questions in DS-156;

Question 20: Name of your present employer
Do I answer this as company A? Or do I say NA?

Question 21: Present Occupation
Do I answer Softwer Engineer? Or do I say transitioning from a student to a professional?

Finally, my student visa had been turned denied during Dec 2001? Does this have to be mentioned as well? Will it have any hindrances on my current situation?

Thank You for you responses.

Regards

sridhartekale said:
All,

I have a few questions and need help with form DS-156.

Here is a brief back ground about me. I recently done my Masters from Canada. At present, I am in India. I have not joined any employer since I have been made an offer by, say company A. I am not on the pay roll of any company.

My H1B has been approved and I am going to Chennai Consulate for my Visa Stamping.

Questions in DS-156;

Question 20: Name of your present employer
Do I answer this as company A? Or do I say NA?

Question 21: Present Occupation
Do I answer Softwer Engineer? Or do I say transitioning from a student to a professional?

Finally, my student visa had been turned denied during Dec 2001? Does this have to be mentioned as well? Will it have any hindrances on my current situation?

Thank You for you responses.

Regards
Present Employer: Company that sponsored your H1
Occupation: Occupation as listed in the LCA associated with the approved H1

Yes -- you need to mention any visa that was denied - this includes your student visa.
Whether it affects this or not, entirely depends on why your visa was denied.

If you give details, someone might help further.