HELP! Proof of International Travel for expedited passport, does this qualify?

Well that is 22 min journey by bus. :)

I think you should also arrange proof of the emergency situation that has arisen in Tijuana that is leaving you without a choice but to make this immediate trip. IMO return reservation if close to your departing (say 1 week) unless substantiated with a proof of emergency travel would compel them to ask you "Why cant you postpone this trip?" Also as far as my understanding goes there is nothing called one day passport, it is one week passport if you are willing to pay extra. 1 day is a favor done to applicants based on their extremely emergent international travel situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course a bus ticket counts. You just need to convince them that you will be crossing the border right after. They have no right to ask you to postpone your trip, and they are paid to issue you a passport in an hour.

Of course a bus ticket counts. You just need to convince them that you will be crossing the border right after.
It's a ticket to Tijuana, which is across the border in Mexico so there is no need to cross the border after that for it to be an international trip.

Well that is 22 min journey by bus. :)

I think you should also arrange proof of the emergency situation that has arisen in Tijuana that is leaving you without a choice but to make this immediate trip. IMO return reservation if close to your departing (say 1 week) unless substantiated with a proof of emergency travel would compel them to ask you "Why cant you postpone this trip?" Also as far as my understanding goes there is nothing called one day passport, it is one week passport if you are willing to pay extra. 1 day is a favor done to applicants based on their extremely emergent international travel situation.

You are very misinformed. A passport agency will produce the passport the same day or next day with proof of international travel in the near future, and it doesn't have to be an "extremely emergent" travel situation.

Ah yes, I misread the OP and thought the bus ticket was to San Diego, after which they were going to go across to Mexico (by car, possibly). Looks like you have all you need.

Thank you for the invitation to your house, but I don't relish crows, so you can enjoy it with your Mexican family.

mogambo1 eat crow! I got it the same day with the info above no questions asked :)

Thanks. Here is an excerpt from the relevant page.
The Expedited Fee is required for each application submitted in person at a Passport Agency or Center. Some Passport Agencies and Centers require proof of international travel within two weeks, or proof of need to obtain a foreign visa within four weeks. Check the individual agency/center pages for additional details.
You may not present a travel itinerary on an electronic mobile device as proof of travel at a Passport Agency or Center which requires it.
An appointment is required to apply at a Passport Agency or Center. Schedule an appointment 24/7: 1-877-487-2778.

You are very misinformed. A passport agency will produce the passport the same day or next day with proof of international travel in the near future, and it doesn't have to be an "extremely emergent" travel situation.

Thanks. Here is an excerpt from the relevant page.
The Expedited Fee is required for each application submitted in person at a Passport Agency or Center. Some Passport Agencies and Centers require proof of international travel within two weeks, or proof of need to obtain a foreign visa within four weeks. Check the individual agency/center pages for additional details.
You may not present a travel itinerary on an electronic mobile device as proof of travel at a Passport Agency or Center which requires it.
An appointment is required to apply at a Passport Agency or Center. Schedule an appointment 24/7: 1-877-487-2778.

That is true. Usually Passport Agencies that are near the border do not require proof of international travel in order to make an appointment. For example, there is a Passport Agency in St. Albans, VT and they do not require proof of international travel due to being near Canada.

I too thought he was Kenyan, and eating roasted baboon or monkey would have been more appropriate compliment for him but his visit to Tijuana makes me wonder whether he is Mexican.

Haha, eat crow! Funny. I would assume Mombasa_guy is Kenyan, like the president. Not Mexican.

You are very mistaken sir, I just replied to your tone of answer. Who can be upset with posts in this immigration forum, we all try to share the information here to help each other, and in this case I had slightly misinterpreted the information contained on the passport website, that's all.

Even though you are getting free advice you should post your questions and accept answers with an understanding that we often misinterpret things, so I did. People like you get screwed left and right by immigration attorneys even after paying them hefty amount and don't say a word, so why here. I am happy that you could manage to get your passport in a day and I have corrected my understanding about passport process, that's all man. Now enjoy your vacation and go with a happy heart.

ha ha ha ha Mogambo1 is an interesting specimen to say the least. He dishes out screeds of hopeless erroneous advice then gets upset when the facts/events prove him wrong. Instead of eating humble pie he then segues into doing and posting some "research" (why didn't he take a few seconds to do it before he blurted out his initial terrible advice?) before launching a flurry of vicious personal attacks! Very funny.