Help Please

ladydg

Registered Users (C)
I just became a citizen and want to apply an I130 for my mother who lives in Russia. Do I apply here in the U.S. for her? Then what do we do? She wants to visit but needs to go back to take care of sick mother. She would like to obtain a Green card to be able to come and go until she can ultimately come here permanrntly. Please explain what process I must take and what is the fastest way.
Thank you

Yes, you can apply here at US. But, once you have filed for her, she may not be allow to enter US until she get her GC.

Once the I130 is approved, it will be sent to Russia to preceed with her Gc application. I don't know how fast do they process GC application at Russia. She may not be entering US for 1 year or longer.

ladydg said:
I just became a citizen and want to apply an I130 for my mother who lives in Russia. Do I apply here in the U.S. for her? Then what do we do? She wants to visit but needs to go back to take care of sick mother. She would like to obtain a Green card to be able to come and go until she can ultimately come here permanrntly. Please explain what process I must take and what is the fastest way.
Thank you
After getting a GC, she can stay out of US for 11 months and then have to come back. Doing this too many times may cause a red flag at POE. She may can appy gor re-entry which will allow her to stay out of country for 2 years.

Thank you so much for explaining this to me. What is gor? Would they have pity on a situation for caring for a sick mother? I would like for her to visit and eventually live here.

ladydg said:
Thank you so much for explaining this to me. What is gor? Would they have pity on a situation for caring for a sick mother? I would like for her to visit and eventually live here.
I am sorry. I typed 'gor' instead of 'for'.

Thanks for the clearity. Another question, After I file I-130 does this permit my mother to travel to the United States and start the GC here or only permit her to start it in Russia and wait till it is approved to come here?
Thanks you for all help

ladydg said:
Thanks for the clearity. Another question, After I file I-130 does this permit my mother to travel to the United States and start the GC here or only permit her to start it in Russia and wait till it is approved to come here?
Thanks you for all help
No she can not travel on basis of I 130. She has to wait in Russia for her interview.

Thank you for the information. Wow, getting a visa from Russia is not easy so I wonder how long the wait time for an interview is? Is it better to try to bring her here or do it from there?

if you bring her her on a visitor's visa, and start an adjustment process, it may take anywhere from several months to 3 years to complete. She will be able to travel on advance parole, but can't stay out too long. She'll also have to prove she didn't intend to immigrate when she entered on a visitor's visa.

If you apply for her here, the average wait for an immigrant visa is about a year for immediate relatives, which she is to you.

Thanks I am assuming if I apply for her here and it takes a year she cannot come here during that time and must stay in Russia am I correct?