Help please

piyalove

Registered Users (C)
We had our interview at DORA this Monday (7/25).

I had my I-94 stapled in my passport. After the interview the officer returned it to me. I kept my PP in my briefcase. On Wednesday when I opened it, I did not see the I-94 there, the edge of the page shows that it was riped out. Due to the holes in the page, my questions to you all Gurus out there is that is, is it normal to USCIS keep my original I-94 when they have photocopies of it on files with I-130, I-485 etc. !!??

Shall I enquire about it from DORA office? I have lots of photocopies of my I-94. Any advise, suggestions...?!!

Please advise,
Thanks,
Piyalove

yes, it's normal

You must surrender your original I-94 during an adjustment interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jane Green said:
You must surrender your original I-94 during an adjustment interview.
Aren’t they told you “congratulations, you’ll get your GC in a mail in ** days”?
why do you even need your I-94, when you got your GC ? :confused:
She/he is talking about Dallas DORA program, where they do interview first and then process the application.

amishah said:
She/he is talking about Dallas DORA program, where they do interview first and then process the application.

Hi,

That's right I am talking about Dallas DORA program, where they do interview first and then process the application.

Please let me inform you, that the officer did say that my application has been accepted under the I-485 Pilot program and within a week's time I should receive a letter in the mail for fingerprinting, then, after all security checks and if all goes well, I should receive my GC in the mail in 90 days. The interview only last for 5 minutes.

Please comment! Any suggestions, advise, I have made an appointment online at infopass.uscis.gov to talk to an officer about this my I-94 issue.

My Ultimate question is: Should I worry about the original I-94 or not? I have lot's of photocopies of it though ...

Please advise!
Thanks

Piyalove
(It's ... a He)

July 25 - I-130, I-485, I-864 Plus package submitted
July 25 - 5 minutes interview same day
July 29 - Waiting for Letter for finger printing

piyalove said:
Hi,

That's right I am talking about Dallas DORA program, where they do interview first and then process the application.

Please let me inform you, that the officer did say that my application has been accepted under the I-485 Pilot program and within a week's time I should receive a letter in the mail for fingerprinting, then, after all security checks and if all goes well, I should receive my GC in the mail in 90 days. The interview only last for 5 minutes.

Please comment! Any suggestions, advise, I have made an appointment online at infopass.uscis.gov to talk to an officer about this my I-94 issue.

My Ultimate question is: Should I worry about the original I-94 or not? I have lot's of photocopies of it though ...

Please advise!
Thanks

Piyalove
(It's ... a He)

July 25 - I-130, I-485, I-864 Plus package submitted
July 25 - 5 minutes interview same day
July 29 - Waiting for Letter for finger printing

I think because with the DORA program you have your AOS interview before everything is equivalent of the interview that the others has to wait at the end. So in that interview you have to surrender your original I-94. You don't need your I-94 for your FP appointment though.

It's just my opinion.

Good luck,

cherr1980 said:
I think because with the DORA program you have your AOS interview before everything is equivalent of the interview that the others has to wait at the end. So in that interview you have to surrender your original I-94. You don't need your I-94 for your FP appointment though.

It's just my opinion.

Good luck,

Thank you cherr1980 for your contribution.

They never took my I-94. I had my DORA appointment on 11th Aug & they just verified my passport and I-94. I still have my I-94 in my paspport, Is it ok??
Thanks

They took my I-94 when i was submitting my application (I130, I485, I131 etc) at local DO office last year.

guru5678 said:
They never took my I-94. I had my DORA appointment on 11th Aug & they just verified my passport and I-94. I still have my I-94 in my paspport, Is it ok??
Thanks
you didn’t pass the interview that’s why they didn’t took your I-94.

Jane Green said:
you didn’t pass the interview that’s why they didn’t took your I-94.
I talked to an immigration officer today and he told me they took all they needed and that most of the time they do take I-94 but not all the times.

did he says if your case is approved on the computer, ?
did you receive any email or welcome letter yet?
if you check your online status is says is approved?

just making sure yuor case was in fact approved.

guru5678 said:
I talked to an immigration officer today and he told me they took all they needed and that most of the time they do take I-94 but not all the times.

Most of the time they take I-94 after approving I-485 application.
In your case they asked you to provide more evidence of bona fide marriage, like your pictures together and bills, during your DORA interview. They didn’t approve you yet.
Good luck!

amishah said:

The “DORA” is the pilot program designed to speed-up the application process and “fish out” fraud cases before it’s too late. After successful DORA interview the applicant will get his/her GC after 90 days (or so they promise) and walk free.
There won’t be any marriage-based AOS interview later on. That is it.
DORA Interview -> fingerprinting/picture taking -> GC in a mail – all in the opposite order then during “normal” mailing to NBC process, but same results.
That’s why they took “piyalove” I-94 – he doesn’t need it, he approved already and has nothing to worry.

The “DORA” is the pilot program designed to speed-up the application process and “fish out” fraud cases before it’s too late. After successful DORA interview the applicant will get his/her GC after 90 days (or so they promise) and walk free.
There won’t be any marriage-based AOS interview later on. That is it.
DORA Interview -> fingerprinting/picture taking -> GC in a mail – all in the opposite order then during “normal” mailing to NBC process, but same results.
That’s why they took “piyalove” I-94 – he doesn’t need it, he approved already and has nothing to worry.[/QUOTE]
I know what the DORA program is and how it works. I was replying in referance of your this sentance. Aren’t they told you “congratulations, you’ll get your GC in a mail in ** days”?
They don't aprove your case right after the interview. Okey.

To Piyalove

Hi Piyalove,

They also took my I94 at the time of DORA interview, I understand that it is normal.

Regards,
Aplicant2005

I guess so...

Applicant2005 said:
Hi Piyalove,

They also took my I94 at the time of DORA interview, I understand that it is normal.

Regards,
Aplicant2005

Hi Aplicant2005,
Regards,
I guess so, looking from all the inspiration I got from all those who contributed so far to my query!
Regards,
Piyalove

I talked to USCIS Immigration officers and I also talked to more than 3 different counselors and lawyer and .... They all said its upto the officer at the interview to decide whether to take the I-94 or not. Sometimes they take it, sometimes they dont. This is what another member here had to say......

"dfwprofessor

No, They did not take my I-94 out of my passport. In fact even after the DORA interview I travelled to the UK. I was still good on my H1B status. And I still have my I-94 from when I returned from the uk?

CG

Spouse of USC, UK citizen in H1B status
Applied through DORA and Interview May 13th 2005
received letter saying checks cashed May23rd 2005
Fingerprinted June 14th 2005
Fingerprints received by FBI June 14th - yes really
Fingerprints returned to INS 14th June
Status changed - details not available August 23rd
Status changed and email received - Approved! - August 26th "

As far as I have read other peoples experiences the 1st thing immigration officer asks for is the passport in the DORA interview and returns it back to you right away, It is at this time that he/she may decide to keep or take the I-94. They then proceed to asking all the questions.They dont ask for passport again.

Thanks for all the encouraging words Iam glad some people here do know more than USCIS Immigration officers ;)

Jane Green
Registered User : "you didn’t pass the interview that’s why they didn’t took your I-94."

Last edited by a moderator: