Help needed to obtain Indian PCC..

can_applicant

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I'm new to this forum and here are my timeline details

Applied on: Feb 09 2005
AOR : Mar 18 2005
IA : Mar 30 2006

I have received an IA from Canadian Consulate last week saying that my case has been moved to NY.
They have sent me the medical form and requested additional documents for Police certificates/FBI,medical test results,
permanent residence fee and proof of funds to respond within 90 days.

I need any inputs on how to send PCC from India and where can I obtain this.. I remember sending the FBI clearance here in US when I applied intially.

Anyone with similar experiences..could you please share your thoughts..

Thanks

Help needed with PCC In India

Hi cal_can_pr,

Thanks for providing the link.

It seems they need orginal passport along with the request form for PCC.

Is there any rough estimate(weeks/months) period of time the Indian Consulate in NY will take to respond with the PCC, since I have travel plans to India in May.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi I did some research and found it on sanfrancisco website that initially they want only copies of the passport. After 45 days or whenever they get reponse from the India Passport office which ever comes first they will ask for your original passport to stamp that PCC has been done. So please send them the copies of the passport and the Misc form initially.

Had got Indian PCC in december.

I had got the PCC from Chicago Indian consulate in december. I had applied 7 weeks earlier (Oct,06). Initially they just need passport copies and the misc. form. They will send out the information to authorities in India and issue PCC once they get confirmation from India. Ours took around 7 weeks for this process. We got a call from someone in Indian consulate to send passports along with the fees. We went to Chicago and got it the same day instead (did'nt want to send passports by mail!).

Hope this helps.
-Ashok.

Timing depends on where your most recent passport was issued. If the passport was issued by the same consulate it takes only 1 day or if you plead same day.
If passport was issued outside US than 45 days (unless you know someone in Ministry of External Affairs in New DElhi :) )

Police Clearance certificate

Folks

I need your help. I read on another thread that you can get your PCC from india in one day from regional passport office. Can you please tell me what addresses should you enter in the Miscellaneous form at the local passport office. Should you include your US address and Indian address in "temporary adress" and "Permenant address" respectively? Or your US address for both temp and permenant address?

Please let me know as I am trying to get my PCC from Indian Regional passport office too for the sake of getting it quickely.

Thanks,
logiclife.

Hi Guys,

I got a pleasant surprise today. I applied for PCC on April 20. Today I got a call from Consulate asking to send my passport. By the way I applied in sanfrancisco consulate.