Help needed on completing I129 for E2 Visa

uktousa2007

Registered Users (C)
Hello - can anyone help clarify a few questions??? I am completing Form I129 with the E Supplemetn. Mine application is for a company I am in the process of setting up - I am not sure if in Part 1 I apply under the new company name or as myself? I am guessing also that in Part 2 I am asking for "New Employment" ?? The form also asks for information on the proposed employment and a LCA case number and NAICS code - surely that is for for H1B applications as there wouldn't be an LCA case number anyway. There is also a question about proposed pay - do I put what I intend to pay myself in the company??? Then in the E Supplement, question 1 - would I put myself or my new business name here? In Section 2 of the supplement for form asks if the business is a Parent or Joint Venture etc. - we will be three partners in an LLC - does that make it the Parent or Joint Venture? Then the form asks for the amount of employees currently employed in E status - as the business is currently being set up would I be correct in saying no to this question? Please reply if you can help - I am replying on my change of J1 to E2 being approved at USCIS, I have already commited funds to the start up of my new company and am close to the end of my current visa expiry!!

An E2 really needs Professional help. Also start ups are difficult to impossible to get.

The usuall course is to look at an existing buysiness that will meet the requirements of an E2.

E2 help with application

Well my wife has just managed to get her PERM application certified without the help of an attorney! I am about to file my application with a full business plan, three years cash flow, proof of a leased office and cash in a US bank in the company name. Can you tell me on what grounds you know that a start up E2 is difficuly if not impossible to get?

To Theone

Thanks for your reply although it is not what I wanted to hear especially as the business is now ready to operated and funds have been invested. At the moment I am only interested in whether or not my change of status would be successful - I realise that eventually I will have to go back to the UK to the embassy for an actual visa. My business is aviation related and I have already spent 2 years in the US training for a license to operate! I have a lot at stake if I suddenly have to depart the US and leave the business behind!

I agree with Theone. You should definitely seek professional help to complete your E-2 visa application. If for some reason you are denied it could be difficult to later reapply for the same start up company.

Help with I129-E supplement

Thanks very much for replying to you both - I have run out of time to employ an attorney even though I would have liked to - I did actualyl make an appointment with an attorney here is Boston but to my display he said he really specialized in visas for people marrying Americans and didn't know much about E visa's - he said he would get back to me - he never did. I was disallusioned by the fact that I guess I expected him to haev the answers and take my case but he didn't!! I think I have everything correctly in place for the E2 I am just surprised that the I129 does not seem set up for an E2 visa - but for H visa's - maybe I should contact USCIS and ask for an explanation of the questions which don'e seem relevant - i.e. the LCA case number which is not relevant to E2 visa's!! Help!!!