Help Needed !! How to protect the GC

kundanprakash

Hi All,
One of my friend and his family (wife and 2 kids) are planning to go back to India for 1~2 years, due to some personal reasons. He is having an employer based GC and his family got thru him. Employer is willing to give a transfer letter stating that he will be working in India for 1~2 years and would also manage some projects in USA and would be required to make frequent trips. The employer has offices in India and US and other countries as well and is listed on NASDAQ.
They had GC for last 16 months.
His family is planning to leave in next 2~3 weeks and my friend is planning to leave in next 4~6 weeks.
They are in CA and don't own any property.Currently they are renting and addresses on drivers license and GC is of the apartment were they were renting.
The question I have is as follows -
1. Is there a way to protect his GC
2. What to do with Address as once you leave the rented property and go to India then what? Is it okay to fill the AR-11 with one of his cousins address, who is a US citizen and lives in CA as well?

Would deeply appreciate your help and guidance.

Regards

upto 1 year not a problem, one is not supposed to be working out of US

kundanprakash said:
Hi All,
One of my friend and his family (wife and 2 kids) are planning to go back to India for 1~2 years, due to some personal reasons. He is having an employer based GC and his family got thru him. Employer is willing to give a transfer letter stating that he will be working in India for 1~2 years and would also manage some projects in USA and would be required to make frequent trips. The employer has offices in India and US and other countries as well and is listed on NASDAQ.
They had GC for last 16 months.
His family is planning to leave in next 2~3 weeks and my friend is planning to leave in next 4~6 weeks.
They are in CA and don't own any property.Currently they are renting and addresses on drivers license and GC is of the apartment were they were renting.
The question I have is as follows -
1. Is there a way to protect his GC
2. What to do with Address as once you leave the rented property and go to India then what? Is it okay to fill the AR-11 with one of his cousins address, who is a US citizen and lives in CA as well?

Would deeply appreciate your help and guidance.

Regards