Help : Missed Oath Ceremony

mvgyahoo

Registered Users (C)
Hi :

I missed my oath ceremny yesterday because of health issues. I have mailed uscis today with required letter of explanation and N445 form.

Will my application be abandoned?

Please advise

I believe a non-show at an oath ceremony is always followed up by a letter from the DO to the applicant. The applicant gets 30 days to take action I believe.

I believe a non-show at an oath ceremony is always followed up by a letter from the DO to the applicant. The applicant gets 30 days to take action I believe.

I am so worried sick . Trying to find out if they issue a continuance to my case or they presume it abandoned.

i missed my oath date. so i sent a letter explaining why i didn't show up. how long does it takes to reschedule another date. i don't live in nyc now, and i have a friend who is checking the mailbox for me. so im afraid he may not open the mailbox in the right time. any one knows if there is a way you could know if they send thew letter before it arrives in the mailbox so u can anticipate its arrival.please i need quick answer. look to my timing down and u understand my anxiety. how many days usually between the date u recieve the oath ceremony letter and the oath date

place nyc garden city
filing date 30 oct 2003
ID 8 feb 2005
first oath letter date jan 10 2008

yesterday i called my local immigration office and i found a nice lady. i explained my situation to her, then looked into the system and told me that i am schedule for oath ceremony on feb 13. but till now i have not recieve the oath letter.how many days usually between the date u recieve the oath ceremony letter and the oath date

place nyc garden city
filing date 30 oct 2003
ID 8 feb 2005

yesterday i called my local immigration office and i found a nice lady. i explained my situation to her, then looked into the system and told me that i am schedule for oath ceremony on feb 13. but till now i have not recieve the oath letter.how many days usually between the date u recieve the oath ceremony letter and the oath date

place nyc garden city
filing date 30 oct 2003
ID 8 feb 2005

Hi Longwaiting:

I too havent received any oath letter as yet. But the USCIS told me that I should get it within the next 60 days.

Can you please tell me how did you get the phone number of your local immi office. I dont know how to find that out.

feb 28 2007 filed application
mar 02 2007 receipt of application
jun 12 2007 finger printing
dec 04 2007 interview
jan 18 2008 oath(missed)
feb 21 2008 oath rescheduled

Hi Longwaiting:

I too havent received any oath letter as yet. But the USCIS told me that I should get it within the next 60 days.

Can you please tell me how did you get the phone number of your local immi office. I dont know how to find that out.

i think u have to call USCIS , i have the same dilema they told me i missed my OATH ceremony i didnt even receive the mail to tell me when to go, i usually call 18003755283

i think u have to call USCIS , i have the same dilema they told me i missed my OATH ceremony i didnt even receive the mail to tell me when to go, i usually call 18003755283

I would like to know the local immi office too as i also went to garden city
thnks

Hi, I got my letter one week after my interview, and iam scheduled for the oath ceremny on 02/18/2009.
I am from Denver.

no ones answerung the IO number? this is strange yet everyone claims they call and speak to a IO officer, so whats the number u called?

how many days usually between the date u recieve the oath ceremony letter and the oath date

Until you get it. Weeks, months or longer then a year. I have heard all time frames. You stated they said you "should" get it in 60 days. That doesn't necissarily mean you will get it then. You may get it 9 months later or longer, or sooner.

This is why you need to try and hit that oath ceremony on the day they set up, because as many people find out, it can be very unpredictable when you get your reshedualed oath. Having your file back into the INS hands is never a good strategy...