HELP!. I need your advice please. (I140 approved and got laid off)

sub_labor

Registered Users (C)
My I-140 got approved, But I got laid off few days before my I-140 approval (few days less than 180). I have not yet received my EAD.
1) Should I file for new H1 from my new employer
2) Should I wait for EAD and join new employer

Thanks in advance
GK
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Did you file concurrently?

hi!

Did you file concurrently I-140,I-1485?

Unless you have EAD you can't work on EAD so obvious choice is H1 transfer, but your GC can still proceed unless I-140 is revoked...so good relationship can pay.

all the best

-Rama

Even if u receive EAD, it is better to transfer H1. Then, God Forbid, in case ur 485 is rejected for any reason, u would not be out of status. If u are on EAD and 485 is rejected, u are technically required to leave US immediately.

-ab

don't worry

Hi,

I don't think you need to worry much. I was in the exact same situation as you are in now more than a year and a half ago. I got my green card through interview three weeks ago.

Your situation fits AC21. Just need to find a "similar" job and as long as you have a job, you will have no problem passing interview. You should get H1 just in case.

Hope that helps.

Re: don't worry

Thanks gpw, My EAD got approved on April 1st. I am planning to work on EAD.
Can you please tell what about your REF. What documents did you submit?. What proof did you submit at Interview?

Thanks in Advance

Originally posted by gpw
Hi,

I don't think you need to worry much. I was in the exact same situation as you are in now more than a year and a half ago. I got my green card through interview three weeks ago.

Your situation fits AC21. Just need to find a "similar" job and as long as you have a job, you will have no problem passing interview. You should get H1 just in case.

Hope that helps.

I got RFE on employment with two items. One is where I am now (current company's location and starting date) and One is my sponsor information. I got this RFE is because at the time of filing 485, I already worked for my current employer, and I indicated that in my 485 filing. You don't have to do that at 485 filing. That is my opinion after going through everything and being worried. During the interview, the officer didn't ask me any ridiculous questions, just asked for employment letter, and I gave him my current company letter and he didn't even look at it, just put it away in the file. And that was it, the next thing I knew was that I got my green card.

I think the most important thing is that you get a "similar" job as soon as possible. That was the key to use AC21.

Good luck.