help, husband wants divorce

Surfer girl

Registered Users (C)
HELP!! US huband wants divorce, he's already dating another

Hi,
I really need advice.
I am married to a US citizen since oct 2003. I got my temporary green card June 2004 which is valid until June 2006. I will have to do the 1-751 90 days before that goes out. Now, things are not working out with my husband. We are thinking about getting a divorce. I don't want to go back home to Sweden, as I worked very hard to be where I am at.

What are my options? what can I do? Thanks for any advice,
surfer girl

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks JoeF for your advice. The marriage was in good faith, but when does that need to be proved? within this 2years of temporary residency or right before the permanent needs to be approved? My husband doesn't seem to care that this whole thing will affect me and not him. Thanks,
I better go and get some waves...

divorce during GC process

I'm on H1-B and my greencard process level is at the finger prints (still waiting) I140 is approved ,my husband has got his finger print done,we are waiting on 485 approval ,wanted to know if I can divorce him and would this affect his GC in anyway as this relationship seems like is held on this facts ,and I can't put up any longer with his immorality ,I'm the primary applicant ,please let me know as to what I should be doing in this situation.

Jerky,
i really don't understand what condition you're in, and can't possibly come up with an answer. All I know is that I have got a green card for 2 years, and need to renew it 90 days before it goes out. And I assume I have to be married until then, which is quite tough. So, I wouldn't do anything drastically (in this case divorce) until I've got all the options and answers, about how it will affect you both. I am thinking about getting a lawyer. It's good to get advice and all here, but make sure you do everything right so that you don't regret anything. I don't understand this whole thing about marriage, I will never marry anyone ever again. It's all bollocks, I mean If marriage is sacred, there shouldn't be any divorce. But that's another topic somewhere else. Good luck with all. I'll be around here to see what's happening,
Surfergirl

Hi Surfer,

thanks for your reply, my husband is from India and me as well ,we both came on H1-B,and I'm the primary applicant(petitioner),as you say no longer marriage is sacred it has lost its value motto etc...(all good stuff you can think).Life sucks ...I have no way..if any please let me know.

frustratedly,
jerky