HELP : Copy Of Advance Parole Taken By Indian Immigration Off. at Bom. Airport

khajoor

Registered Users (C)
My wife and son are travelling from India back to US.
They are entering using AP. At Bombay Airport the
immigration officer has taken onecopy of the Advance
parole for my wife and son. Is it ok ? OR something to worry
about ?
Please reply.
She has been in contact with me via phone.
Thnak you.

hi,

I dont know if indian immigration officer take one of the copies ..
I dont think they should. Maybe someone on this forum who has reentered using AP can post their experience.

let us know if your wife faced any issues at US port of entry.

good luck

Hi khajoor,
I Have the samw experience on Bombay on 6/10/2005( Last Friday) He asked for Original Copy, I denied him but he argued me that that's why US Immigration gives you two copies. I Didn't gave him my original but I gave him a photo copy.

I don't think so yu have to worry about, as US Immigration officer needs one copy & stamps on that & Return back.

khajoor said:
My wife and son are travelling from India back to US.
They are entering using AP. At Bombay Airport the
immigration officer has taken onecopy of the Advance
parole for my wife and son. Is it ok ? OR something to worry
about ?
Please reply.
She has been in contact with me via phone.
Thnak you.
Not too much to worry (unless it was the previously stamped copy that he took !!)

That's why you need to keep a few photocopies handy and just give those to immigration and maybe airlines people if they insist.

They should be OK.

Please let us know how was her POE experience Thank you

Hello Kajoor,
I am really sorry to hear that the Indian immigration in Bombay took one of the originals of AP from your wife. As per my understanding I don’t think they are supposed to take a original AP. did your wife carry any copies of AP? Did she offer the photocopies? If so did the Indian immigration refuse copies? I am travelling to Bombay India soon and returning in Oct. I have two copies of AP and there is no way in hell I am giving Indian immigration any original AP. If they want they can have as many photocopies as they want. I am sure at the Port of entry the INS wants to see the original AP not copies. I think your wife should be fine I guess as she does have one more original copy of the AP plus she can explain the officer what happened in Bombay. To the best of my knowledge goes Indian immigration is supposed to keep a copy of the AP just photocopy and NOT the original. Please let us know how did your wife’s Point Of Entry experience here in the USA go.
Thank you.
Raju

Questions for Kusho. Thanks in Advance.

Hello kusho,
I will be travelling to Bombay India on Aug 10 and returning in Oct 2005. Since you recently traveled to India on Advance parole do you have any advise for me please? I am also using AP. My questions to you are in Bombay when they asked for the original copy of the AP what did you tell them? Did they refuse photocopy at first? How was your experience using AP at Port of entry? Did the INS ask you questions? I have heard they take people of AP in a separate room. What exactly happens there? I know too many questions I am sorry to ask you these. I am just nervous since it is my first international trip after 9/11. I am leaving from Newark to Bombay and back. Thanking you in advance for your response.

Raju

Hi Raju in Philly,
at Bombay Airport they ask you to make a line & they check all your passports & Visa or AP. There were two officers, one of them ask me to gave Original AP, I denied. He told me that's why USCIS Gives you two copies. I told them No Sir, We not supposed to surrender original AP anywhere even at US POE. I asked him I can provide Photocopy if he wants. Other officer understand the point & He took photo copy of Our AP. I think the immigration officer at Bombay does not have any idea about US Immigration law.

At EWR,NJ immigration officer at Front counter didn't have AP stamp so he send me inside the office, there were big crowd as they process the People who came first time in US. Officer at front counter put our Passports in Seperate enveope & ask to go in side office. When my turn comes officer announce my name. Office was very friendly, he didn't asked me any question. He was talking about the place he visited in Georgia ( state where I Work) few years back.
Please carry enough photo copy of AP,I-485 Recepits, I-140 Approval notice
in case they ask for that.
Don't be nervous, Enjoy your trip.

how long at POE to get cleared with AP

Hi Kusho,

I am visiting India and will return in July on AP.
My question is how long did it take for you in that room ? basically how long did it take to get cleared from immigration.

The reason I ask is, my flight from Amsterdam lands in detroit at about 3:30 pm and my flight from detroit to dallas is at about 5:15 pm.

So i have less than 2 hours to finish all immigration with AP /baggage/customs.

If it take more time than 1.5 hours , I can ask my agent to give me a later flight.

Thanks,

Hi N400 Applicant,
The processing times takes about 5 minutes, But It also depends upon how many People in front of you. In My case I landed in EWR By AirIndia, at that time several other flights were landed, so there were Big Rush. I have to wait about 1 Hour to get my turn.
Plesae keep about 3-1/2 hour to 4 Hour gap between two flights. So you will have enough time to finish all formilities.

Hi guys,
I am on my 3rd AP and I travelled several times to India (Delhi), France and Canada. At no airport, was I asked to surrender my original AP. AP is an ID for re-entry into USA. Surrendering your AP is like surrendering your passport or driver's license. AP can be mis-used by unauthorized persons. Although I travel with all my originals, I put them safely into different places. This way if my wallet/cabin luggage is lost, I will still have an original AP in my check-in luggage. If my passport is lost, I can get a duplicate emergency passport at the Indian embassy or in Delhi but I can not get a duplicate AP. In Delhi, I wasn't even asked to submit a copy of my AP to the Indian immigration authorities but next time I will carry copies just in case that idiot in Bombay is transferred to Delhi.

More questions?? i am so sorry to ask

Hello kusho,
Thank you so much for your quick response I really appreciate it. I was hoping you would respond since you have been through the whole process just a week ago. I am going to face all the same things in 2 months. Not only that you used AP to enter the US but also were in the same airports I will be flying in and out of (Newark and Bombay) You are absolutely right I will make a lot of copies of my AP and I-485 Receipts so if anyone asks (Indian immigration or Airlines) I can present and save my original AP for POE. I am happy that the Indian immigration do know about AP and that they do understand when we deny them a original copy of AP.
Now in EWR (Newark) did they fingerprint you by any chance? I don’t think they do but you know ....never know. Thank you so much for answering all my questions and for making me breath easy. I really apologize for asking so many questions. The only other question I have is when you left from Newark to Bombay did anyone check your AP? I mean do the Airlines/INS check AP here? I know the airlines take the I-94 from the passport (since we get a new one when we enter right?) What I am thinking is just to be on a safer side I will take only one copy of my Original AP and the other copy can be brought by my wife (I am leaving first for Bombay and a month later my wife joins me in Bombay but in OCT we fly together to Newark so at POE we will have both the copy) Please let me know what you think about this. Once again thank you so much for your response.

Raju

Hi Raju In Philly,
No one will ask for AP While you board plane in EWR. Are you palnning to Go VIa Paris? If yes get the transit visa( If you have Valid H1-Stamp then don't worry)

At EWR they didn't ask for Finger print. Carry both original with you, Do not give it to your wife.Give a copy of your Ap to her.

Thank you so much for your responses

Hello Kusho,
Once again thank you for your response. Great to know that no one asks for our AP here at EWR but I am sure they take I-94 from our passport right? My stop over is in Frankfurt Germany yep I got the transit visa 2 weeks ago ($45 what a waste). I am a marriage to a USC case. I do not have a visa (it is expired) When we enter the US my wife will be with me. She is so concerned that she told me that she won’t even go in USC line and follow me to the room of AP. As far as fingerprints are concerned well INS already have them so I don’t think they need them again so that is what I thought but you know never know so I thought I would ask you. The reason I was thinking of giving one Original copy of AP to my wife was just in case something happens to my AP copy at least we have the other copy you know what I mean instead of keeping both the copies together and loosing them together. (Just in case) After all we will be together in EWR when we enter the US. Anyway thank you so much for your valuable info. I really appreciate it.

Raju
:D :) :D

When I went to India, One officer asked me to give the original. I did not give it to him.

He told me one logical reason, If you loose the papers in between, US will ask why did u leave him to go out of the country. Then country has to pay some lakhs rupees. I do not know the reason. But I did not give neither original not a photo copy.

gcard600 said:
When I went to India, One officer asked me to give the original. I did not give it to him.
------------You have done correct thing.first off why an advance parole document to be given at other coutry immigration?Afterall it is US immigration doc.Only thing the other coutry guy should bother is to check whether the traveller has authetic doc or not.Why he collects the original? to duplicate and sell to somebody??!!

He told me one logical reason, If you loose the papers in between, US will ask why did u leave him to go out of the country. Then country has to pay some lakhs rupees. I do not know the reason. But I did not give neither original not a photo copy.
---If this is logical reason who ever travels with :
B1,B2--Have two/more visas.he wants one to him.
L1/H1.....Z visas--Have two/ more visas.Give one to him.
REP --same.
Green Card -- SAME.
So his argument is ridiculous and to cover his ignorance he stinks--'country has to pay....
All,
So there is no rule that to give one original to him(is it printed on AP or his country PP/or immigration manual)?.If you don't want any harassment,give at best one photo copy.