Health Insurance

immigrant123456

Registered Users (C)
I landed with my family in California 1 year ago, till now I am unemployed, I am spending from my savings...
During the last year we didnt have any emergency -thanks god-that required visiting a hospital, I am wondering if we already have any medical insurance for emergency cases or not??

If we are planning to have a baby, are delivery expenses covered supposing that I didnt find a job in the future?? should I apply for a private insurance?? any how?

Please advise me, as I tried to search about this subject extensively without finding a sharp clear answer..

You can get medical insurance from any insurance companies and that always includes out patient coverage. I don't know of any insurance company that only offers out patient coverage. Maternity coverage is another matter. Almost all medical insurance have poor maternity coverage and delivery expenses are not covered. Maternity coverage would be covered if you have a maternity rider in your policy and that would be costly

If we are planning to have a baby, are delivery expenses covered supposing that I didnt find a job in the future?? should I apply for a private insurance?? any how?

Without insurance, you will be liable for the delivery expenses, which are around $10,000 for a normal uncomplicated birth, over $150K for complications that require a long hospital stay for the baby.

Note that in most places the insurance company will deny coverage if already pregnant before the policy is issued.

Google for "health insurance quote" and you'll find various sites where you can see the approximate price and apply for coverage. If you're under 35, not obese, and don't have any major health problems in the present or past, you can probably find a high deductible policy for less than $250/month per adult. Maybe even under $150, depending on the specifics of the policy, your state, and your health situation.

Without insurance, you will be liable for the delivery expenses, which are around $10,000 for a normal uncomplicated birth, over $150K for complications that require a long hospital stay for the baby.

Not necessarily. The children are usually covered from birth, even if maternity is not covered. I had an uninsured delivery (3 weeks before maternity coverage would have kicked in!) and the baby's stay was completely covered.

Not necessarily. The children are usually covered from birth, even if maternity is not covered. I had an uninsured delivery (3 weeks before maternity coverage would have kicked in!) and the baby's stay was completely covered.

Covered by what? Insurance? Note that my sentence started with "without insurance".

After birth is not such a big issue as long as the baby is healthy. You do not need a bigger house (you can but if it is a question of cost then you don't), so it is basically food, clothes and baby stuff such as car seat, diapers etc.. Plus the government gives a USD 1000 child tax credit (assuming you qualify). If you are managing living money for 2 people, adding the child is not that high. If both parents have to work, you need to figure out childcare expenses which could be high. Basically ... insurance first and childcare second would be where you might get hit with the costs.