having a child outside in home country.

reddysam

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have a problem... i and my wife got my GC and got laid off, now my wife is carrying... and we don't have insurance... we are planning to have a baby in home country,
my question is how should i bring that baby into this country again.. what is the procedure...

thanks in advance

No Problem

Hi Reddysam,

If you don't have health insurance, you better take your wife to India and have her deliver the baby in India (I guess, you are from India, if not read 'Home Country instead of 'India').
If you (or your wife) are planning to stay in India for more than a year then don't forget to take re-entry permit before leaving U S.
Both of you are Permanent Residents. So when your wife will come back to U S (this should be her first international (U S) trip after she gives birth to a child), your child will be admitted as a PR (Child should be less than 2 yrs old)
So don't worry about your wife and child.
But its better for you come back soon and find a new job here.
Good Luck.

Ajay

Hi Ajay,,,

I came to know about that.. however she will be gone for less than 1 year maybe 7 or 8 months, i guess this should not be a problem,, how will my child get PR , do i have to apply for that. or they will stamp at port of entry.

thanks

DONOT go back to india for the delivery

You don't need insurance to deliver a baby.
Just go to any hospital and get your wife admitted.
They can't refuse admission. You and ur wife both a PR
you can legally use state health benefits.
they might bill you a part of it, but it will won;t be a lot
more the 5 airfares from India, Event if it is slighly more
ur child will be an US citizen and you won't have to woryy about her immigration.
Good luck and have a healthy baby.