having a child outside in home country.

reddysam

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have a problem... i and my wife got my GC and got laid off, now my wife is carrying... and we don't have insurance... we are planning to have a baby in home country,
my question is how should i bring that baby into this country again.. what is the procedure...

thanks in advance.

Take a loan from friends, or credit card 0 % and get a medical insurance.
Starting the whole process for your baby once you're back will be a real headache..

If you are laid off and if you and your spouse are covered under health insurance benefit, provided by your employer prior to lay-off, then you are entitled to get insurance uner COBRA. It is basically continuing of the same insurance that you had prior to lay-off, but you have to pay the full premium that employer was paying before. That means you have to pay your portion as well as employer's portion. Usually it is around $600 - $700 per couple. Your employer / insurance copany are bound by law to provide you the COBRA option.

More info at

http://www.cobrainsurance.com

http://www.cobrahealth.com

thank you guys!!

i have not taken the corba plan for some reason, and now i don't qualify for corba plan as 60 day's are passed since i got laid off and it would not be eligible for us..

any other sources where i can get a insurance for my wife...

Wny not arrange that your child is born in the USA,
therefore he as a citizen is qualified to a lot of welfare
benefits such as medicaid etc

what??

"Getting public benefits may cause trouble if you travel abroad."

what do u mean by this ... if my wife is having a child here through medicad, then why would she travel abroad.

can u clear my doubt.

Is inadmissibility same as deportability? The INS
says for deportation purpose, only cash welfare benefits
are public charge for deportation purpose. If smallpox
vaciccination program go ahead, then if aliens in the
USA do not get a shot, then small pox will not get
under control in case of a breakout

If you are in NJ/NY. there are some doctors (desi) who accept maternity patients without insurance. I know some one who did like this. The doc charged them $3500 for normal Child birth (this includes 2 ultra sounds and few doc visits + hospital charges). The charge may be more if there are any complications. I don't know the details, but you can certainly explore.