Has AP document got to be stamped before leaving the US?

sham12

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I filed AP for my family through my company's lawyer. Lawyer after a couple of months sent the AP document to me through courier. My family (wife and daughters) are on H4. They went on vacations to home country using H4 but took AP document as a backup. I am changing my employer which will void my family's H4 visa. Can they come back using AP? I am not sure if it had to be stamped from somewhere before my family left USA. One of my colleagues said the AP has to be stamped before leaving US. I didn't think so. There was nothing mentioned on the AP doc itself but now I am worried. Could someone please provide some insight into this matter?

Thank you in advance,

Sham

Hi all,

I filed AP for my family through my company's lawyer. Lawyer after a couple of months sent the AP document to me through courier.

My family (wife and daughters) are on H4.
They went on vacations to home country using H4 but took AP document as a backup.
I am changing my employer which will void my family's H4 visa.
------------------- H4 status is not tied to Employer it is tied to your H1 status. if you change employer still they can use Valid H4 visa stamp(even if that has past employer name on it) to enter US if you are on H1 status.

Can they come back using AP?
---------------------They can. but if they have Valid H4 visa stamp then why to use AP??
I am not sure if it had to be stamped from somewhere before my family left USA.
-------------------once AP gets approved it is not stamped by anybody Before departure from US. AP is for Entry to US and at POE they stamp.

One of my colleagues said the AP has to be stamped before leaving US.
-------------------wrong info. dont listen to him/her. AP should be Approved before deparure from US. No stamp from any department need on approved AP before you depart US.
I didn't think so. There was nothing mentioned on the AP doc itself but now I am worried. Could someone please provide some insight into this matter?

Thank you in advance,

Sham
-------------------------------------

Thank you

Ginnu,

Thank you so much for your help. What a relief it is to know what you just told. Thank you! I also have one more question. I will also post it as a separate new question. I filed my GC through my employer's lawyer. Now I am changing the employer, can i change the lawyer also? Can lawyer create hurdles for me because he works for my current lawyer?

Thanks and Regards

Sham

Ginnu,

Thank you so much for your help. What a relief it is to know what you just told. Thank you! I also have one more question. I will also post it as a separate new question.

I filed my GC through my employer's lawyer. Now I am changing the employer, can i change the lawyer also?
-------Yes, new lawyer will send Form G28 signed by you
Can lawyer create hurdles for me because he works for my current lawyer?
----------------------- No, why to tell past lawyer that you have revoked G28 filed by him?
Thanks and Regards

Sham
------------------