Hartford CT Stamping Experience

IneedStamp

Registered Users (C)
Hi there:

Well, I got approved on Oct 24th, RD 8/5, ND 8/23, RFE 10/13. I got my approval paper on Nov 1st. Just wanted to give some advices on what would happen:

First of all, you do not need to have an appointment for the stamping. It says you need to on the paper, but when you call them, they tell you that it is a misprint.

Second, try not being there on lunchtime. They take your fingerprint, and the guy was not there during lunch hour. They are open 8-3, and on Wed and Fri 8-12, so try morning or so.

Do not forget your EAD card and parole papers. It does not say that on the paperwork, I took it per my attorney\'s advice, and they asked for it. But I had it in my hand, and maybe she saw it and asked for it, I don\'t know. But just have it.

The wait is no more than 10 minutes or so. I waited for the fingerprint, and after an hour of wait for that, which could be few minutes, I just took it to the counter, and my passport was stamped and ready. No questions, no interview.

Hope this helps to my fellow card waiters. Good luck to all...

No Title

Hi,
   I am a little confused...please bear with me...Are you saying you got your finger printing and passport stamping at the same time ?Is this how it goes ?
1. get a notice for FP
2. when getting the Fp done, you also get your passport stamped ?(I thought only after FP approval one gets the passport stamped). Please let me know...

Thanks
JV

No Title

jacob,
 Finegr printing is done twice..... Once when u get the Finger printing Notice and second time after your GC is approved and when u get ur PP stamped. After GC approval , only 2 fingers are scannned as compared to the actual Finger Printing Process where all 10 fingers are scanned!!!!.

Hope this did not add to ur confusion!!

No Title

Thanks cool dude....sorry to bother you again, Just wanted to get a flow of events in I-485
Is this correct ?
1. submit I-485
2. get EAD and AP approved around the same time(8 weeks,roughly)
3. Get a notice for FP (How many months ,estimate ?)
4. Get FP approval(Does this also mean I-485 approval ?estimate again ?)
5. Get passport stamped and finger printing done...(Does one get a notice for this one ?)
6. Get the actual card...

Thanks in advance...
JV

No Title

Hi jacob,

yes the flow of events is correct!!!, Between steps 4 and step 5. INS may request further information or additional documents.
3)As far as estimate of FP notice, I just cannot give u estimate . I got FP Notice after 1 year of filing Of I-485, but some of my friends have got FP Notice much eariler than that.

4)Finger Printing process just ensures that you have no criminal background . mY finger printing results were electronically transmitted by FBI the very next day.FP approval does not mean I-485 approval!!!!!!!!!!. so to ask your question FP approval in my case was done in a day, but usually it should not take more than 15 days.

5) Once your I-485 is approved u will get a approval notice and then u can take that Notice and get your Passport stamped!. so to answer your question yes u will get a approval notice for PP stamping. In some cases ppl do get a Interview Notice which u need to take to INS office and after answerng few questions, your PP is stamped!

Hope this helps