Hadron and others please help!!!!!

AhJ1

Registered Users (C)
I had started a fellowship last year but need to visit home country late last year. While I was in my home country I had applied for endorsement of J-1 visa but unfortunately somehow I didn't get clearance from DHS. Finally I got clearance in early March but in the meanwhile, my fellowship was terminated by my Program Director in mid of February '06 after waiting for me for four months. Ironically US embassy after three weeks of fellowship termination endorsed J1 visa until August '06. I came here couple of weeks ago and someone told me that I have just only 30 days to find a new fellowship or NIW. However, I and my Fiance' had decided that I should stay and try to find another fellowship or NIW.

My questions to you Gurus are

1) Can I transfer to another fellowship starting July '06 without going out of this country?

2) I'm also trying to apply NIW and if this effort will be successful in next couple of months or so, should I need to go out of this country to endorse H1 visa for NIW?

I would be grateful if someone let me know any NIW opportunity available with H1 visa.