Had US citizenship interview today - July 26, 2012 - A question

dumas9

Registered Users (C)
Hello Gang,
I had my US Citizenship interview today. The IO was a Chinese and was definitely struggling with English. Here's what happened:
1. Swore that I would tell the truth
2. Gave the IO my GC, DL and passports
3. The IO asked me questions from the N400 form - my name, address, etc....
4. The IO verified departure / arrival dates from the passport and the form
5. The IO went over the rest of the N400 form in Question format
6. The IO gave me a sheet with 10 questions towards the US History and Civics tests
7. The IO gave me the English reading and writing test
8. That's it...The IO said I was done and gave me a paper saying that they would mail me their decision.
Basically the paper says - A decision cannot yet be made about your application.
I asked The IO - if there were any issues - The IO said that they have yet to review my file and would let me know.

Possible Issues with my case - I had extensive trips out of the US (none longer than 6 months)...but....who knows.

Anyone here experience something similar and care to share ?

Thanks much....
Dumas

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Gang,
I had my US Citizenship interview today. The IO was a Chinese and was definitely struggling with English. Here's what happened:
1. Swore that I would tell the truth
2. Gave the IO my GC, DL and passports
3. The IO asked me questions from the N400 form - my name, address, etc....
4. The IO verified departure / arrival dates from the passport and the form
5. The IO went over the rest of the N400 form in Question format
6. The IO gave me a sheet with 10 questions towards the US History and Civics tests
7. The IO gave me the English reading and writing test
8. That's it...The IO said I was done and gave me a paper saying that they would mail me their decision.
Basically the paper says - A decision cannot yet be made about your application.
I asked The IO - if there were any issues - The IO said that they have yet to review my file and would let me know.

Possible Issues with my case - I had extensive trips out of the US (none longer than 6 months)...but....who knows.

Anyone here experience something similar and care to share ?

Thanks much....
Dumas

Sounds like you were dealing with a novice officer who has to have everything checked by a mentor or supervisor before they allow him or her to stamp it.

had a similar experience

I had a similar experience..everything went o.k., but the IO seemed a little green. It took less than a week for them to put me in oath scheduling. It'll be fine, don't worry about it.

Busrial them

I did not receive the Yellow Letter...nor was it mentioned during the interview. However, I did see a YL in my file that the IO had - perhaps that got lost in the mail ?
The IO did not ask for any documentation though.

Oh well....hopefully it ends well.