Had GC Interview today confused now

dancy123

Registered Users (C)
we had my husband's green card interview I-485 today. I-130 was approved and he received his EAD in Dec2007. So today took all the documents required. i was expecting approved or not approved.
this is how it started. We took 3 files cabinets and a big handbag full of pictures. She started interview with asking our names pic id and passports. we gave her. then she asked for some other proofs we had for leaving together. we gave her our bank statements, health and life insurance, she asked for our new job appointment letter but i said i dont have that instead i have a employer verification letter that we both are working at the same place. she took original one. then again she asked for our marriage certificates and court registry we gave her that. She asked how we knew each other we said we knew each other since we were child and finally resulted in marriage. she saw our marriage album. Lastly she said everything seems to be fine and i will review in the afternoon and you will know the result in within 2 weeks you will receive a letter. My husband asked her that is there anything else she wants any other questions she has, she said NO everything seems to be fine and if it was any confusions she would have asked for more documents. But still didnt said Yes OR No. then again i asked her about when can we expect to get greencard, she explained about getting Welcome letter and then card. One more thing she took the I-94 card from his passport and stapled it with her file, but nothing was finalised from her side.
Anybody had anysuch experience, i am confused now what to make out from this interview? IO seemed to be fine and normal and satisfied but still didnt told us yes or no but gave a smile and said you have to wait for the decision.

Last edited by a moderator:
you were aprooved!!!

YEY!

CSANTOS: THNKS FOR THE ENCOURAGEMENT. I WAS TALKING WITH MY HUSBAND, we got the origianal interview letter back but she didnt stamped in it. is it going to matter and second whts making u think we have passed? atleast i can tell my husband also, he is bit nervous

makes me thing once she said
-" Lastly she said everything seems to be fine and i will review in the afternoon"...

this usualy means that she is a junior member and does need her supervisor to aprove the case!

but i'd say 95 % you are aproved!

CSANTOS: THNKS FOR THE ENCOURAGEMENT. I WAS TALKING WITH MY HUSBAND, we got the origianal interview letter back but she didnt stamped in it. is it going to matter and second whts making u think we have passed? atleast i can tell my husband also, he is bit nervous

I think since your husband's I-94 was removed from passport, he is approved.

You're all set

You don't have to worry about anything. I am pretty sure that the officer has made up her mind and in her mind she has already approved your husband's GC as a matter of fact. She has to do some formality paperwork and send you a decision (good news) in the mail. You should be receiving your welcome letter followed by his GC in the mail soon.

All the best.

My timeline:

Atlanta DO

Sent complete package
(approved I-130, I-485, I-864, G325 & medical report): Jan 16th, 2008
Received by USCIS: Jan 19th
FP Notice sent: Jan 29th
RFE sent by USCIS: Feb 7th
RFE received: Feb 19th
RFE sent back to USCIS: Feb 20th
FP done: Feb 22nd
RFE sent back again using certified mail: Feb 29th
RFE received by USCIS: March 3rd
Case resumed: March 5th
IL received: March 20th
Interview Date: May 13th @ 8:30am

I agree with most of what was said here. (I would not go as far as to say: You are approved! because of this or that...)

Very likely, her supervisor has to review the case file and will approved you within the next 10 business days. You should hear something (by email, if you signed up) by then.

I agree with most of what was said here. (I would not go as far as to say: You are approved! because of this or that...)

Very likely, her supervisor has to review the case file and will approved you within the next 10 business days. You should hear something (by email, if you signed up) by then.

PraetorianXI,

Is that what it takes them to approve, maximum of 10 days. That's not a long wait at all. Cool.

Hi Dancy:

I had the same experience. Took my I-94 away. Without stamping on my passport. And, I have my gc now.

BTW, congratulations!

Here is my timeline:

Hi Dancy:

I had the same experience. Took my I-94 away. Without stamping on my passport. And, I have my gc now.

BTW, congratulations!

Here is my timeline:

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR ENCOURAGEMENT TO US...WE REALLY APPRECIATE UR IMMEDIATE RESPONSES....WHATEVER WE GET WE WILL SURELY POST IT HERE....

Yes, as someone posted above, you don't always leave an interview being told you're approved or not.

My gut says yes, and I'd say you'll likely hear either way in about 2 weeks. :)

Sounds like a great interview, well done!

Guys thats quick and thnx to u all

Yes, as someone posted above, you don't always leave an interview being told you're approved or not.

My gut says yes, and I'd say you'll likely hear either way in about 2 weeks. :)

Sounds like a great interview, well done!

we had interview at 10 AM today morning and now its 7pm, look this is what i am seeing in
I-485 status

"Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR
TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On March 24, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this
customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions
on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed
within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT
processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you
move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also
receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow
the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case
status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from
USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS
Customer Service at (800) 375-5283. "

we had interview at 10 AM today morning and now its 7pm, look this is what i am seeing in
I-485 status

TO ADJUST STATUS

Wow! That IS fast! Our IO told us at the end of our interview that we were approved but we didn't get the I-485 update until 13 days AFTER the interview. CONGRATS!! :)

I-485 status

TO ADJUST STATUS

See! :D no reason to worry about things you have no control over... Congratulations... you should have your shiny Green Card (which is not green bytheway ;)) in a matter of weeks. (2-4)

I got my card today. It is the most security-minded card I have ever seen.

I can't wait til you get yours!

Congrats! I'm still waiting mine. Without getting that card in hand, I still hestitate to buy the air ticket visiting my family ;)

Dancy you are very likely getting approved as your I94 has been taken off fr. you passport.