H4 Visa and W2 for Chennai consulate

prabca

Registered Users (C)
My wife attended chennai consulate for the purpose of my kid H4 Visa, ( she already revalidated her H4 visa in DC ).
Chennai Consulate asks for W2 of 2002, i came to USA on 27th September, 2002, and i was on bench till May 2003, the company could not place me then i worked for couple of months for the company and then changed the company.

I have regular pay stubbs from June 2003., i dont know how to over come this issue.
Please suggest me,
thanks

prabca said:
My wife attended chennai consulate for the purpose of my kid H4 Visa, ( she already revalidated her H4 visa in DC ).
Chennai Consulate asks for W2 of 2002, i came to USA on 27th September, 2002, and i was on bench till May 2003, the company could not place me then i worked for couple of months for the company and then changed the company.

I have regular pay stubbs from June 2003., i dont know how to over come this issue.
Please suggest me,
thanks

If you were on bench without pay you and your employer both are in violation of your h1 status. Consulates have been refusing visas if the principal H1 holder is in any kind of violation of H1 terms. You are in trouble unless you have a good explanation as to why you were not paid salary. Benching without pay is not allowed for h1 holders under any circumstance.

thanks Nkm
but what explanation can be given, because consulate asked the W2 for 2002,
i landed on 27th september, 2002. If i could explain about initial three months of my stay in US then my problem will be solved.

thanks once again