H4 to H1 - International Travel

apulavarti

Hi Rajiv

My wife's H4 visa (on her passport) expiration date is 03/2015 and she is here with me in USA now.
We applied new H1B for her and its right now under process (in pending still).

Case-1 - If H1B gets approved while she is in India -

a) At this situation, can she travel to India now and come back on H4 visa before Oct 1st 2013?
b) Does she face any questions related to H1B at port of entry? At POE, do they see that she got approved H1B and force her to go back and get H1B stamped and come back?
c) Do we need to re-file for COS (Change of Status) once she lands in USA?
d) Is there anything like we need to refile COS 2 or 3 weeks, before Oct 1st 2013?
e) In this case, does she have to come back before Oct 1st 2013?
f) Once we come back and refile COS, are there any chances of rejections?

Case-2 - If H1B does not get approved while she is in India -

a) At this situation, can she travel to India now and come back on H4 visa before Oct 1st 2013?
b) Does she face any questions related to H1B at port of entry? At POE, do they see that she got approved H1B and force her to go back and get H1B stamped and come back?
d) Is there anything like we need to refile COS 2 or 3 weeks, before Oct 1st 2013?

Case-3 - If she leaves from USA after her H1B gets approved-

a) At this situation, can she travel to India after H1B gets approved and come back on H4 visa before Oct 1st 2013?
b) Does she face any questions related to H1B at port of entry?
c) In this case, does she have to come back before Oct 1st 2013?

regards
Ajay

hi

Hi Rajiv

My wife's H4 visa (on her passport) expiration date is 03/2015 and she is here with me in USA now.
We applied new H1B for her and its right now under process (in pending still).

Case-1 - If H1B gets approved while she is in India -

f) Once we come back and refile COS, are there any chances of rejections?

Case-2 - If H1B does not get approved while she is in India -

Case-3 - If she leaves from USA after her H1B gets approved-

a) At this situation, can she travel to India after H1B gets approved and come back on H4 visa before Oct 1st 2013?
b) Does she face any questions related to H1B at port of entry?
c) In this case, does she have to come back before Oct 1st 2013?

regards
Ajay

Hi Ajay,

I have the same query did you find answers ? if yes can you please email details to email id is iis4313 at g mail . com , your help is appreciated.