H4 to H1 in Chennai

coolest_head

Registered Users (C)
Thank you all for all the informative posts.

My wife came to US on H4 and we applied for her H1B in March 2006. We got the approval and she got her SSN 1 week ago. She has started working this week.

We are planning to go to India in Jan 2007 and she is planning to attend the H-1B visa stamping in chennai.

Now my question is, since she will have only 2 or 3 paystubs, will this a problem in Chennai?. Is it better to go for visa in Mexico rather than Chennai ?

After searching through a lot of posts I am not able to find an answer/information to my situation. Any help or suggestion is appriciated.

Please help

Can anyone with previous experience like this help....

She is very tensed because she is going to visa stamping so early after starting the job.

-Bipin

I don't see your case to be very different or special. Off course she has only a few paystubs because she just started the job but that doesn't mean she is not on the payroll. Some people have to get their H1-B visas even before they have started their job. Actually, many do it like this. I have seen quite a few examples of such cases on this forum itself. People living in Canada, who got a job here in US and are coming to the USA for the first time on H1-B. They all have no problem despite the fact that they have no paystubs with them. So relax, its absolutely no concern for the Visa Officer.

Remember to take the company support letter with you also. The letter should say that she was hired on this date and briefly explain what she does for the company.

Hope it helps to relax you guys... enjoy your trip!

Thanks A101

Thank you for taking time to answer my concerns.

I really appriciate the answer.

Thank You

Kind Regards
Bipin Velkur