H4 to F1

mani_mama

Hello,

My wife has been in the US for the past 1 yr and has got admitted in a University starting Jan 2010. She has also received her I-20. I want to apply for her change of status to F1 to get additional benefits like being able to work and receive funding.

What are the potential risks in changing from H4 to F1?

How does it affect my GC processing? I have my I-140 approved and waiting for my priority date to file I-485. Can I add my spouse to the GC application if she changes status to F1 from H4?

Any reply would be helpful.

z
Hello,

My wife has been in the US for the past 1 yr and has got admitted in a University starting Jan 2010. She has also received her I-20. I want to apply for her change of status to F1 to get additional benefits like being able to work and receive funding.

What are the potential risks in changing from H4 to F1? No risk
How does it affect my GC processing? Not at all affecting your green card.I have my I-140 approved and waiting for my priority date to file I-485. Can I add my spouse to the GC application if she changes status to F1 from H4? YES
Any reply would be helpful.

Hi
I am in US and I would like to change my status from H4 -F1. I got I 20 from an university. I have the following doubts
1) I have not registered to any courses in that university. Do I need to register to courses and then apply for COS.
2) Do I need to send the original I 20 & I 94
3) I have gone through the forums and found that I need to pay only $195 to USCIS.
4) I have found through the USCIS forums that "Filing Fee: $300 (make check or money order payable to "Department of Homeland Security"). A single fee covers the primary applicant and any F-2 or J-2 dependents listed on Supplement 1 of Form I-539". Do I need to pay 195$ ans also $300?
5)Do I need to file I 539 form even though I am in US.

Please respond me ASAP.

Thanks & regards,