H4 stamping with H1 extension notice

IPC302

Registered Users (C)
Hi ,

H1 stamp till 15th oct 2004 H1 extension valid from 16th oct 2004 till 6th march 2007

spouse planning to go for H4(first time) in sep 2004

At TTS website for appointment they ask for petition number . which
petiton number should one put there the old one (for which the visa is stamped) or the new one (i.e the extension petiton no ). ??????

Also when she goes to consulate ideally she should present the latest extension approval notice ....will it not create confusion if they say that the extension is valid from 16th Oct and ask for the old one ????or whether she should present both ???? ...only issue is by mistake they dont issue visa till 15th Oct...

any comments . thanks,

just talked with the consulate person at calcutta she says they will issue h4 visa till the visa date which is stamped on principal applicant passport not on the basis of extension ...i tried to explain her ...she understood something but u know ......

i will send her with both old and new petition ... i took appointment for her on the basis of old petition .. i knew they will create an issue with the new one...

anyway when we enter US we should get i-94 on the basis of the new petition ....hopefully ......