H4 Stamping , when H1 is unstamped

Phattu

Registered Users (C)
Dear members ,

I was in the usa on a student visa and subsequently got my H1 . I have been working since then . Just before i got my H1 i went to india and got married and my fiance was here on student visa too , and subsequently got an H4 . Both of our H1 and h4 is not stamped . Now if my wife wants to go to india and come back , can she get her h4 stamped from india and come back while i am still here in US or do they need the principal H1 also stamped before she can come back ?

Regards

Dear members ,

I was in the usa on a student visa and subsequently got my H1 . I have been working since then . Just before i got my H1 i went to india and got married and my fiance was here on student visa too , and subsequently got an H4 . Both of our H1 and h4 is not stamped . Now if my wife wants to go to india and come back , can she get her h4 stamped from india and come back while i am still here in US or do they need the principal H1 also stamped before she can come back ?

Regards

It seems you both were in US when you got H1 approved. She got H4 based on your H1 status and you both may be having I-94 attached with your H1, H4 approval notices. If she goes to India then she need to get H4 visa stamp and she will need your H1 approval and other papers like your pay stubs, certified completeH1 petition from lawyer(lawyer/employer has the copy of your H1 petition that was sent to USCIS) copy of your passport, your employer letter. Search the threads related to H4 stamping in particular US consulate in India.

Hi ,
Thanks for your reply . I do understand all the documents needed for stamping her H4. But right now my dillema is that will they stamp her passport with h4 when my h1 is still unstamped . Or do i also have to go to india For my stamping , in order to get her stamping ??

Thanks Again

Hi ,
Thanks for your reply . I do understand all the documents needed for stamping her H4.

But right now my dillema is that will they stamp her passport with h4 when my h1 is still unstamped .
------------------They should as you are working on H1 status.

Or do i also have to go to india For my stamping , in order to get her stamping ??
----------------no need to go for her H4 stamping. if you go out then you will need H1 stamp to enter US.
Thanks Again
---------------------------

I was looking forward to your reply...... Please let me know if H4 can be stamped when H1 is still not stamped ?

Hi ,

Why do you keep sending blank replies . I am still waiting for your response ?
Please let me know.