H4 Stamping In Pakistan - Sharing Experience

SFBS

Registered Users (C)
Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to drop a note and say the Alhumdullila, my wife got her H4 stamped in her Passport from Pakistan, with in 9 days, even though I did not have an H1 stamped in my passport.

I gave her all the following documents: c=Copy o=Original

I797: o
All 36 pages of current passport: c
Letter of Current Employment: o
paystubs: o
Bank Statement: o
My BS Degree from the US: c
Transcripts: o
Copy of EAD if applicable: c
Copy of any previous I-94: c
Copy of any previous I-20: c
Marriage Certificate: o
Apartment Lease agreement: c
Wedding Pics: o

Some of the above listed items were not required, but I still provided them with it to show that I had maintained a legal status in the US throught...form the day I came till the present.

My Wife did not even get intervied. Just sent her paper work and repective fees via FedEx from Lahore and with 9 days got her passport back stamped with the H4.

To all who might be in my situation, just thought that you might find it encouraging. If you have got your papers togehter then I do not think that there should be any issues. Best of luck.

Farhan

Last edited by a moderator:
Question

Hello Farhan,

Congratulations to both you and your wife!

You mentioned that you are still awaiting your H1 stamp. I was wondering whereabouts you were in the process. My boyfriend had his interview on September 30th and his still not heard anything. Have you heard anything about the processing time? I am concerned, but there is very little information available on the Internet. Of what I have seen it seems the process is taking anywhere from 45-90 days.

Your repsonse would be much appreciated.

Thanks much.

Thanks

Futbol,
Thank you for your warm wishes. Well I do have the H1, more like the I797 approval, and have had it since about 2 years now. I just do not have it stamped in my passport, as I never left the country so I never had to get a stamp in the passport. My status was changed from F1 to H1 and that does not require to leave and re-enter the US, atleast not when I got mine done.

The company that I work for took care of all the paper work, and from what I remember the H1 approval notice came pretty quick, but this is like 2 years ago.

I am in the process of diong an adjustment of status to GC, and therefore as long as I have a valid I797 the adjustemtn should be smooth. You only need that stamp if you wish to travel, or are comming to the use on that type of visa.

I know that I migth not have answered your question, but my situation is a little different I guess. I hope that you find some what of it helpful.

I wish you both the best of luck too. :) And remember one thing, whatever happens, there is some good in it, even though you might not see it at the time. Later.

Feel free to ask me anything that might help.

Later,
Farhan

Thank You

Hello Farhan,

Thank you very much for your response. Yes, it does seem your situation is somewhat different, but I still appreciate your sharing your experience. You are absolutely right too about what is meant to be happens for the best. Wish you the best of luck.

Thx again :)