H4 stamping for Canadian Citizen at Border

cptbaseball

Registered Users (C)
My lawyer just told me, that Canadian citizens have the privilege to get H-4 stamped at the border & do not need to go the US consulates in Canada. Just wanted to ask that if this true and if someone has been through it.

Are there specific Land Borders where stamping can be done? or does it works at every Border post?

Is there a border post in the Minnesota or North Dakota area where this can be done? My wife lives in a small town in Manitoba.

Does she have to take all her pictures or will they take picture there for the visa? & what else would we need? non-immigrant forms etc. Any experiences?? I know they will need my H-1 Petition copy, pay stubs, marriage certificate, pictures of marriage etc.

That is true and any POE can be used.

My lawyer just told me, that Canadian citizens have the privilege to get H-4 stamped at the border & do not need to go the US consulates in Canada. Just wanted to ask that if this true and if someone has been through it.

Are there specific Land Borders where stamping can be done? or does it works at every Border post?

Thanks Triple Citizen, I have a few more concerns. Can you please reply.

Does she have to take passport pictures with her or will they take picture there for the visa? By pictures I mean the pictures that come on the H visa stamp.

Should she take a filled-in non-immigrant visa application forms with her, or they will give her a form to fill in. Whether this is required or not.

No form or pictures needed. She needs your I-797 showing your valid H-1B status and marriage certificate. They will charge her $6 and issue her an H-4 based I-94.

Thanks Triple Citizen, I have a few more concerns. Can you please reply.

Does she have to take passport pictures with her or will they take picture there for the visa? By pictures I mean the pictures that come on the H visa stamp.

Should she take a filled-in non-immigrant visa application forms with her, or they will give her a form to fill in. Whether this is required or not.

Thanks once again Triple Citizen: Just one more question.

She will be driving alone (not with me because I'm in the US). Will a copy of my I-797 work or would she need the original

Thanks,
Cptbaseball

Yeah.. that's my concern too. She should not give it to them permanently. But what if the officer asks for the original petition and keeps with him/her. I'm so concerned. If there's any denial of entry, then they may keep the petition with them for long.

Then I'm screwed, because I dont have a visa stamp. I'm here on the petition based I-94

H4 stamping for canadian

Hi,

I am Canadian citizen living in USA with my wife and daughter from last 5 month. I came here to visit and then decided to stay with my family .My wife has Canadian PR card and working in USA on H1 visa and my daughter is US citizen by birth.

I didn't apply for H4 visa because I have been looking job here and I heard that it is difficult to convert from H4 to TN visa and also on H4 visa I am wouldn't be able to apply for any job.

Different web site mention that a Canadian Citizen (without visa) max stay in USA could be six month so its means I have to exit USA and enter again but I am scared what if they don't allow me this time. I can live without my wife and daughter.

Second do they have record when I left country so next time when I will go back they can tell me how long I stayed last time.

Please tell me my options. I am considering getting F1 visa because on F1 I can work some hours

If I go for H4 visa what documents do I need for that? On H4 status do I eligible for applying job and if I am how long it will take to convert from H4 to TN and what would be procedure for that.

Please guide me what should I do. my email address is adnan02@yahoo.com

Regards

Adnan

My wife got the visa at the border. But then I went to TX DMV for her state Id, they said that she cannot get a state id because she needs a stamp on her passport. They cannot give it only on an I-94 because there's nothing to prove that she's my dependent.