H4 RFE -please help

cooan

Registered Users (C)
I received the following RFE on my H-4 application (filed by self): On form I-539 I stated "Yes" to the question that an immigrant petition was filed for other person included in this application, based on the fact that an I-140 (now approved) had been filed on my husband behalf and his name is referenced in my application (and a previous H-4 application filed a year back by the lawyer also said the same thing). I have to explain my answer about that immigration petition.

Firstly I want to know if my answer on the form was correct or incorrect.

After reading the form now, I feel that I have incorrectly answered it as the only person included in the I-539 application was me, as my husband's application for H-1 was filed separately by his company and we later filed an application for me (We have not yet filed for I-485 due to retrogression). If my answer earlier was incorrect, how can i correct my mistake.

I appreciate your time taken in responding to my query. Please feel free to share some similar experience and insight into how I may address my probable mistake.

Thanks

The correct answer would have been "NO" because your husband was not included on the I-539 (the question is referring to the individuals apply for H4 status on that actual application). In the RFE response, just indicate that an immigrant petition was not filed on your behalf, but was filed on your husband's behalf and since your H4 is based on your husband's H1B, you assumed the correct answer to be "Yes".