H4 - Port of entry

ciril99

Registered Users (C)
Friends,

My wife went to India recently and she is coming back just 2 weeks before her visa expires in her passport. She is coming back on March 18, 2005 and her visa expires on April 8, 2005. However, she has approved H4 extention which is valid till April 8, 2006. She is carrying my original H1B, employment supported letter, paystubs and Tax returns and some other documents.

Will she face any problems at port of entry? I need your valuable opinion/experience if any one has faced experience at port of entry.

I appreciate your help!!

Thanks,
Ciril99

Last edited by a moderator:
NP, wifey came in with a VISA Stamp set to expire in 7 days with No Extension.

Just ask her to show the new Approval and they will give her a I-94 valid till 2006

zipper said:
NP, wifey came in with a VISA Stamp set to expire in 7 days with No Extension.

Just ask her to show the new Approval and they will give her a I-94 valid till 2006

Thanks Zipper! really appreciate it.

ciril99 said:
Friends,

My wife went to India recently and she is coming back just 2 weeks before her visa expires in her passport. She is coming back on March 18, 2005 and her visa expires on April 8, 2005. However, she has approved H4 extention which is valid till April 8, 2006. She is carrying my original H1B, employment supported letter, paystubs and Tax returns and some other documents.

Will she face any problems at port of entry? I need your valuable opinion/experience if any one has faced experience at port of entry.

I appreciate your help!!

Thanks,
Ciril99

Important thing is check her I-94 expiry date issued at POE after arrival. If it is not same as your H1 extension expiry date then you may need to reapply for H4. So many people have faced this kind of issue at GC processing