H4 expires, currently on overstay, what nexT?

Dirovame

My father's friend is he's laid off now, and he no longer expects to be granted another visa. He could not land a job in the 6 months granted subsequent of his unemployment. He arrived on an H1B visa, If I Remember correctly.

His son's Visa is H4

Son turned 21 on April 09, but his father has been unemployed since August 2008. First question is of course when does his over-stay status begin? From the time he turns 21?

He's still in the United States. He's been here for over 10 years with no criminal offenses and has great character. I don't know what his options are. I heard about removal proceedings So I told him about it.

Does he need to wait for the Notice to Appear letter from immigration? What if he voluntarily turns himself in and hires a lawyer, what are his options? He wants to be cleared of removal.

If he over-stays for more then 1 year, and still no letter from Immigration, is the removal proceedings applicable to his case?

What are the fines?

Anything will be very much appreciated.

My father's friend is he's laid off now, and he no longer expects to be granted another visa. He could not land a job in the 6 months granted subsequent of his unemployment. He arrived on an H1B visa, If I Remember correctly.

His son's Visa is H4

Son turned 21 on April 09, but his father has been unemployed since August 2008. First question is of course when does his over-stay status begin? From the time he turns 21?

He's still in the United States. He's been here for over 10 years with no criminal offenses and has great character. I don't know what his options are. I heard about removal proceedings So I told him about it.

Does he need to wait for the Notice to Appear letter from immigration? What if he voluntarily turns himself in and hires a lawyer, what are his options? He wants to be cleared of removal.

If he over-stays for more then 1 year, and still no letter from Immigration, is the removal proceedings applicable to his case?

What are the fines?

Anything will be very much appreciated.

He should go to good lawyer and he should explain his situation.