h4 and green card

blink

My husband's status is H1B but he also applied for green card. We got married recently and I want to apply for H4 visa. I wonder if my husband's green card application will cause a problem since that means he has intention to stay in the US and H4 is categorized as non-immigrant visa and it is said that the consulate won't give non-immigrant visa to those who have intention to stay ?

My husband's status is H1B but he also applied for green card.
We got married recently and I want to apply for H4 visa.
------------------you can apply H4 visa stamp if he is on H1 status.
I wonder if my husband's green card application will cause a problem since that means he has intention to stay in the US and H4 is categorized as non-immigrant visa and it is said that the consulate won't give non-immigrant visa to those who have intention to stay ?
----------------------not a problem. H1 visa, H4 visa , O1 visa all are dual intent visa . B1,B2 visa does not have dual intent.
--------------------

For me H1B stamping and H4 for my wife

Hi,

I have my H1B approval notice valid till 2011 but haven't got the VISA stamping done yet. ( my first stamping on my passport valid till september 2009)
I will be getting married in August 2009 in India and am planning to get the H1 stamping done then.
Since my wife will have to get her H4 done as well,I'm thinking of us scheduling for the VISA interview together.
Can this be done or do I have to get my H1 VISA stamping done first before my wife can go for her H4?

please advise??

thanks
Alexander

Hi,

I have my H1B approval notice valid till 2011 but haven't got the VISA stamping done yet. ( my first stamping on my passport valid till september 2009)
I will be getting married in August 2009 in India and am planning to get the H1 stamping done then.
------------------------ You can do that.
Since my wife will have to get her H4 done as well,I'm thinking of us scheduling for the VISA interview together.
----------------------------you can do that.
Can this be done or do I have to get my H1 VISA stamping done first before my wife can go for her H4?
-----------------both can be done at same time.
please advise??

thanks
Alexander

-------------------------------