H1B vs Starting a Company

GC@NSC

Registered Users (C)
I am currently working on H1B, my wife and i we both have approved EAD (I-140/I-485 are still pending approval). My wife has worked with a local accounting firm on EAD.

1. Can i start my own company being on H1B with pending I-140 approval?
Note: Apart from the fact i cannot work for my own company, is there any other legal limitation in perceiving this option.

2. My wife have used EAD for her job, does that void my current H1B or is it valid bacause i have not used EAD to work with my current employer.

3. Once i get I-140 approval (with pending I-485) can my work for my own company or do i need to seek a valid employer till I-485 is approved.

4. Can my wife work for the my company?

5. Can i continuing operating this company from India in worst situation or i have to just shut it down? What do you recommend?

Appreciate reply's from gurus'.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wife starting a company

Thanks and appreciate your valuable reply.

1. Can my wife being on EAD own a company and work for the company by herself, without me being part of the company?

2. Does WOSB "women-owned small business", does help her in terms of grants financing business, training establishing business and promoting business. Are there Tax benefits in being women and starting her own business.

Looking forward to here from GURUs