H1B visa Stamping: Need Help

hemathoth

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I got my H1B approval sometime back. I have been in the US for 4 years on a H4 visa and I just got sponsored by an employer and received my I-797. I am a first time applicant.

The document checklist on a lot of websites suggest that I need Paystubs. But I do not have any paystubs or W2 since it is the first time I am applying for a H1B visa and I have not been working till date.

I am currently in India because of a personal emergency. And while I am here I want to get my H1B stamping done. Could you tell me what are the documents I would need for a successful H1B stamping at Chennai?

Also, is it easier to get a stamping done in Chennai or should I travel back to the US and then get a stamping done in Mexico?

Currently, I have the I-797A with I-94 and the I-797C. I also have my degree certificates and my previous last work experience (India) letter. I also have my husband's passport copies and H1B I-797 and his work experience certificates.

What else would I need? Could someone please guide me. The Paystubs and W2 has got me really confused.

THanks
Cheers
Hema

You need employer documents; they are listed numerous places. Mexico had stopped doing COS stampings; check for latest rules. Get it done in your home country.