H1B visa revalidation in Canada

ezdude

Registered Users (C)
To Experienced Seniors,

Please clarify on the following :

For H1B visa revalidation in Canada, under the list of documents to be submitted for visa,following is mentioned:

"Appointment should be made ten days prior to the validity date on the I-797 or after the validity date has passed".

What does the above mean?

Thanks

Hi Jaxen,

Thank you for the info.......

My H1b is getting expired on may18,2004.I had applied for H1b extension and will get approved by march 16th 2004.

am planning to go to canada for visa revalidation.

my question is, can I schedule an appointment now,i.e on march 5th or 6th for an interview on april 8th at a US consulate in canada(ottawa).

Thanks

Jaxen,

Does that mean that you cannot get the stamping in Ottawa more than ten days before the expiry of current visa in case of an H1 renewal ??

Please advise ..

-solicit

Originally posted by ezdude
Hi Jaxen,

Thank you for the info.......

My H1b is getting expired on may18,2004.I had applied for H1b extension and will get approved by march 16th 2004.

am planning to go to canada for visa revalidation.

my question is, can I schedule an appointment now,i.e on march 5th or 6th for an interview on april 8th at a US consulate in canada(ottawa).

Thanks

What I understood from Jaxen's post is your revalidation window starts from "May 9th", you cannot schedule an appointment before May 9th.

solicit
I think this answers your question too.

Revalidation on new passport

I am wondering if anyone has been through this recently

I have an appointment at the toronto consulate on may 24th. I am getting my passport extended next week. So they will staple the new and the old together. Is there an issue getting revalidated on the new passport even though the old passport with the visa is attached.

Thanks