H1B Visa Renewal- From Delhi Recently?

yes, i got my H-1 renewed from delhi recently
it was very easy...just carry all the docs
and make sure photo confirms to the requirements

H1B Renewal at DELHI.

Hi Enigma261,

1. Can you please tell me if you got it renewed after July 14th ?
2. Also I have heard about consulate doing the background check after taking your finger print and that takes 30-45 days for processing ? Is that true?
3. Did you use TTS to submit your document and after how many days you got your passport back ?

Your reply is really appreciated.
Thanks lot.

hi,

I got it done on july 9th.
I did not go thru TTS since I wanted my passport back soon.
I went for the interview.

There was no fingerprinting or background check
I interviewed on july 9th, visa was stamped on jul10th and
i got the passport thru courier on july11th.

hope this helps

Questions during interview

Hi Enigma261,

It would ba a real help to us all if you can post the questions asked to you when you went for the Visa Interview.

Thanks in advance
Koshish

Actually I had gone for my H-1B renewal and for my wife's H-4(first time)

I had taken appointment thru TTS website for july 9th for new delhi embassy.

Before, you even enter the embassy, they have counters along the embassy walls where they pre-process your documents.
Here I was asked for following docs

- my and my wife's passport
- I-797
- passport size photographs(follow specifications)
- lady at the counter took a look at the marriage certificate
- all required bank drafts
- all visa application forms filled up

these guys take about 25-30 mins to process ur stuff and then they hand you back ur pasport and a bunch of other stuff.

Now you are ready to enter the embassy and face the consular.
Before you stand in a queue to be interviewed, you go to a TTS counter and pay rs. 400/ passport for sending the passport back to you via courier.

After this, the TTS guy directs you to the queue and tells you specifically which queue to stand in. I noticed we were in the priority queue.
After about 2-3 mins in queue, we were called by the consular.

He wanted to see the following docs for H-1 renewal

- I-797
- LCA
- I129

He asked how big the company(number of employees) was and what I did there.

Once he was satisfied with my docs and answers, he asked the following docs for my wife's H-4

- marriage certificate
- marriage album
- endorsement of my name in her passport

At this point he was ready to give the visa, even though he did comment that I need to have a document similar to I-797 for my wife. I told him that her visa can be issued based on my I-797.
He said that's true but "technically" you need it.

he went ahead and issued both the visa's

We received both passports back after 2 days.

hope this helps

Thank You

Hi Enigma261

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience in such detail. It will do a great deal for people like us.

regards
koshish

Hi enigma261

>>
At this point he was ready to give the visa, even though he did comment that I need to have a document similar to I-797 for my wife. I told him that her visa can be issued based on my I-797.
He said that's true but "technically" you need it.
>>

I didn't really understand the above question how could your spouse have the I-797 approval if this is her first time and she is in India. I assume you were in US and not married when you got your approval??
Kind of doesn't make sense to me how would you have got her approval even before marriage and with her not even being present in the US???

I asked him the exact same question and his answer was that
I should have got the doc after I got married.

Since he was issuing the visas anyways, I did not argue
I just wanted both the visas without any fuss.

Dont worry about it....he was talking in a very strict legal and technical sense. I got the impression that he was new to his job and was doing everything in a very textbook fashion.