H1B transfer w/o pay stub

woi_ash

I got my H1B visa in dec 2004 but the company's project got delayed hence they did not call me to USA and kept me on hold . I have waited long and there is no response from company. Now there are some other companies who are ready to hire me so my question is
1)Can I go for H1B transfer but i dont have any pay stub and am still in India.
2)Is it that i need to revoke my existing H1B and apply for fresh H1B ?

Thanks in advance

i am also in a similar situation.. please someone help..

I am also in a similar situation. I am currently in L1 and i applied for H1 through a consultant Comp A. My H1 is approved and its valid from oct 2005 and valid till 2008. Now my question is what if Comp A is not able provide me any project and if i found a job in Comp B, Can i transfer my H1B to Comp B. The problem is i don't have any pay stubs from Comp A. I have the pay stub from the company i worked in L1. Will it be of any help.

Any help would be greatlly appreciated..

regards,
Jayashree

jayag said:
I am also in a similar situation. I am currently in L1 and i applied for H1 through a consultant Comp A. My H1 is approved and its valid from oct 2005 and valid till 2008. Now my question is what if Comp A is not able provide me any project and if i found a job in Comp B, Can i transfer my H1B to Comp B. The problem is i don't have any pay stubs from Comp A. I have the pay stub from the company i worked in L1. Will it be of any help.

Any help would be greatlly appreciated..

regards,
Jayashree

You can transfer as quickly as possible. (i.e) before 15th Oct. , 2005
If you delay 1-2 months INS definitely ask your paystub from Comp A
inthis case you no need of Comp A pay stub, but L1 pay stub will prove , you are under status.

Hi,

Same is the case with me. My H1B validity started from Oct 2005 and company A couldnt find a project for me. Now I got a better offer from company B and they are very well aware that I'm not getting any pay stubs from company A.

1. Would it be a problem for me if company B files my papers to INS without my pay stubs. In case, it gets rejected, can I work with Company A again ?

2. During the process of my H1 transfer, can I work for company A ?

3. After my H1 transfer, can I work for company A ?

Note : I still dont have my SSN

Thanks,
Indira

I can't predict how CIS treats your case, however, the worst scenario is you do not get I94 attached to approval notice and you may need to travel.

Indira_USA said:
Hi,

Same is the case with me. My H1B validity started from Oct 2005 and company A couldnt find a project for me. Now I got a better offer from company B and they are very well aware that I'm not getting any pay stubs from company A.

1. Would it be a problem for me if company B files my papers to INS without my pay stubs. In case, it gets rejected, can I work with Company A again ?

2. During the process of my H1 transfer, can I work for company A ?

3. After my H1 transfer, can I work for company A ?

Note : I still dont have my SSN

Thanks,
Indira

Hi Indira,
Did you find out any other information. I am exactly in the same position other than I also got my SSN.

Thanks

Hi

Guess I have a similar problem. I just got my H1 stamped in Dec 05 valid till 2008 and my company A who has sponsored it cannot find a project to me. Can I transfer my visa to company B? Note: I have not been to US at any time at all and hence i dont have any pay stubs.

So is it possible to transfer or will I have to cancel it and get a new one if I have to go to US thru company B?

TIA,
Danny.

I too am in a similar situation. Without pay-stub of current company A, what are the chances of tranferring h1b to another company B. Say if there is less than one month time gap between the h1 approval date (filed by company A)and offer letter of companyB. I would appreciate all help in this regard!
Although I have been to US before on business,I don't have any hard copy of paystub.What I have is the US Bank Statement showing details of dollar amount wired from Indian Bank.Will this be of any help??Please reply.

Thanks.

great guru said:
You can transfer as quickly as possible. (i.e) before 15th Oct. , 2005
If you delay 1-2 months INS definitely ask your paystub from Comp A
inthis case you no need of Comp A pay stub, but L1 pay stub will prove , you are under status.

Great Guru:
Your response gives me some hope. But do you have any personal experience about the within 15 day H1 transfer from Comp A to Comp B? If yes, can you please let me know about the implications? I'm currently on H4, awaiting H1-approval from USCIS and obviously DO NOT yet have an SSN. Once I get H1 approval can I transfer to another company within 15 days(without the SSN and Paystubs)?Though I am not sure if any company might be willing to undertake such a task, I will definitely give it a shot. Thanks for all your help in advance.

I need to know full situation and reason before giving any recommendations. I have exp on those cases.

helpmework said:
Great Guru:
Your response gives me some hope. But do you have any personal experience about the within 15 day H1 transfer from Comp A to Comp B? If yes, can you please let me know about the implications? I'm currently on H4, awaiting H1-approval from USCIS and obviously DO NOT yet have an SSN. Once I get H1 approval can I transfer to another company within 15 days(without the SSN and Paystubs)?Though I am not sure if any company might be willing to undertake such a task, I will definitely give it a shot. Thanks for all your help in advance.

great guru said:
I need to know full situation and reason before giving any recommendations. I have exp on those cases.

Hi Great Guru

Thanks for your response.Consulting firm A filed for my H1 and I bore all filing expenses. Comp A did not give any offer letter or the H1 filing receipt notice from INS.And have some excuse ready all the time.Also never get back to me with any information about visa progress on repeated requests.So I try to contact INS to find case update daily.I doubt them and am very disssapointed.Very likely they will create problems in future like not handing me h1 document,paystub and moreover not finding any project plus give some Lame excuse.I will be stuck with them and have no option. So I am trying to find if my H1(once approved) can be transferred to any new comp B immediately.If an immediate H1 transfer is possible what about SSN? (under Comp A or new Comp B).I am on H4-fourth year.Spouse on H1-seventh year.Great Guru please share your experience. TIA for help.

H1 Transfer is possible before October without paystubs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got my H1 approval from company A in July 2007. I got a better job offer from Company B, who filed for my transfer in September 2007 end. It got approved today, October 8th 2007, without paystubs from Company B and on being filed before my initial H1B even kicked in.

I am posting this message because I myself was very anxious before getting into this whole H1 transfer thing without paystubs, that too before October 1st, when my initial H1B actually kicked in, and there was scanty info available on the net.

So this is for all of you out there who want to know from a first hand case.

H1 Transfer is possible before October and without paystubs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got my H1 approval from company A in July 2007. I got a better job offer from Company B, who filed for my transfer in September 2007 end. It got approved today, October 8th 2007, without paystubs from Company B and on being filed before my initial H1B even kicked in.

I am posting this message because I myself was very anxious before getting into this whole H1 transfer thing without paystubs, that too before October 1st, when my initial H1B actually kicked in, and there was scanty info available on the net.

So this is for all of you out there who want to know from a first hand case.