h1b transfer Or multiple h1b?

inwater

Registered Users (C)
hi gurus,

Maybe my question is a little naive. However, I still want a firm answer. Currently I am with company A. Then I found a project(short-term) with company B. I have to be on company B's payroll. That means company B must apply h1b for me. There are two ways to do this.

1) do a h1b transfer. This will be very quick.
2) apply for a new h1b. normally it takes long. but with premium processing. this could be done quick too.

So if the time to get the h1b doesn't matter, are there any other differeces between these two approach? I want to keep the flexibilty to go back to company A freely and quickly. My next question is, if I do a h1b transfer, will I have to transfer back to company A? 'cause transferring h1b means changing employer for exact the same h1b approval, literally.

Somebody says I don't have to transfer back. They are in effect the same. I am just not sure about this. Because by saying this, one person can effectively get his h1bs from multiple companies by just doing transferring. No new application is required. The cost of each h1b is only about $200.

Please advice me clearly on this.

Thx

-inwater

actually there is no difference in processing in both cases,. The difference is that if u mention transfer u can start working for the other employer as soon as u get INS receipt.

Both H1's are new petiotions and transfer does not negate the old petition. So if need be the company A can avoid revoking the petition and u can go back to work for them without need for another transfer.