H1B Transfer - I-797B

edoward76

Do I need visa stamping if I got a I-797B form from uscis?
I did h1b transfer for company A (no paystub) and received feedback from uscis that the petition has been approved but the request for extension of status has been denied.. does the extension of status mean change of employer?

what are my options? Do I need to go to home country and have visa stamping? Or can I have my visa stamping to a much nearer consulate such as in canada/mexico? Or can I just cross the border and re-enter?

your inputs will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
You can work for the second employer, but your status is only valid until your current I-94. Extending it further is denied. At the end of current I-94, your employer has to apply for an extension again. Have you run out of 6 years?
Stamping is irrelevant, you need it only if you are traveling out.

No, I havent run out of 6 years. According to employer, transfer was denied due to the fact that I was not able to provide paystubs. Second employer wants me to travel out and have stamping in home country.

If extension was status was denied because of out of status period, then in order to get back into status, you need to re-enter using an H1 visa. If your old visa is still valid, you can use that visa to enter. Name of employer on the visa does not matter. However, the POE officer will be aware of your previous out of status period and may give you stricter scrutiny.

Thanks for the reply Kabkaba. So could I just go then to the border post, cross the border and just reenter?

Appreciate your inputs. Thank you!

Edoward76, can you please advise did you crossed the border and got the new I-94 on your new I797B approval. I am in the similar situation and appreciate any valuable advise.

Thanks so much.