H1b transfer and stamping before joining new job

lalalala

Registered Users (C)
i am doing the current job till april 2007 and joining the new employer in may2007, have approved H1b visa with current employer till 2009.
1. can a request H1 transfer even in Jan and put joining date of may
2. if my H1b transfer is approved can i go for the visa stamping with the new employer while i am still working with the old employer or should i wait for the last day at my current job and then go for stamping
3. is it safe to get the visa stamped in Canada or India one month before joining the job , i would have all the documents except the pay stubs, i would have w2 and pay stubs from my previous employer, is there any risk involved in the this move.
i do have EAD/AP but want to keep H1b as precaution , even though my three years of waiver job are over

Hi DB
You can get ur passport stamped even before you join the new practice.I belive ur in Dundee.All the best
AP

Dos new Visa stamp required for H1B transfer

When you transfer H1-B, do you have visa stamped again.... even if there is no gap from job to job? The visa was stamped for first H1-B.

Thanks

as long as you have a valid H status you donot need a new visa stamped even if you change the jobs.ya if your visa is expired and u need to leave the country then u will need H stamped but if you donot plan to leave out of country and have valid new H with I-94 you are ok.
also one can apply for a new H(in case of lalalala)with starting date few months later.
my 2 cents

kidsdoc said:
as long as you have a valid H status you donot need a new visa stamped even if you change the jobs.ya if your visa is expired and u need to leave the country then u will need H stamped but if you donot plan to leave out of country and have valid new H with I-94 you are ok.
also one can apply for a new H(in case of lalalala)with starting date few months later.
my 2 cents

Do they issue new I-94 when you re-enter into USA?

yes they do.when u leave the country they will take the old I-94 ans the new one which comes with H approval.In my case ( 4 years back) they didnot take the new I-94 out, when I entered back the Immigration officer was not happy that I still had the new one attached to H approval-- I explained him it was not my fault... hw was ok after that.
In nut shell when u reenter they issue a new I-94 with the date mentioned on ur new H apporval.
My 2 cents

kidsdoc said:
yes they do.when u leave the country they will take the old I-94 ans the new one which comes with H approval.In my case ( 4 years back) they didnot take the new I-94 out, when I entered back the Immigration officer was not happy that I still had the new one attached to H approval-- I explained him it was not my fault... hw was ok after that.
In nut shell when u reenter they issue a new I-94 with the date mentioned on ur new H apporval.
My 2 cents

Who takes the I-94 out?

Is this only when new I-94 comes with H1-B approval? Or it this true for other I-94s as well.

when u leave US at the time of check in airlines personal will take out the I-94-- thats the proof that u have left the country - they enter into there computers.
my 2 cents no legal advice

kidsdoc said:
when u leave US at the time of check in airlines personal will take out the I-94-- thats the proof that u have left the country - they enter into there computers.
my 2 cents no legal advice
hmmmm... that's interesting... I flew couple of times this year and Airline personnel did not bother. On my return, they just entered I-94 number in computer and just said go. My I-94 stamped with "Multiple Entry".

I remember while on J1, they used to take old I-94 and issue new one each time.

This time I have two I-94, one the original and one came with H1-B transfer. I'm planning to travel during x'mas and I'll see what happens.

H-1B and Traveling

I was in J-1 and i just got my H-1 B approval. There is nothing about multiple entries in my I-94. Iam from Iran .So here are my questions:
1- How can I apply for Multiple entries H-1 B visa?
2- How can I travel out side of States? Should I apply for H-1B visa again if i go out the States?
3- The only visa Stamp on my passport is F-1 stamp from 5 years ago.Do i need new H-1 B stamp on my paasport?
4- As i said Iam from Iran, can I travel to Canada or Mexico , to get visa stamp and meanwhile go back to my country, then enter to US with H-1 B visa/
any comments will be appreciated

H1 Transfer

My Initial H1 with my first company is valid till 2009.
I just transfered to a new company, and they have handed my the approval notice, Can i just travel with my H1B transfer apporval notice or do i need to get it stamped with the new name.

Thanks
GK