H1B Status Problem

gvenu_reddy

Registered Users (C)
My H1 filed on May 23 and i got the receipt number. when checked for status by using this number, its giving me error message that

"Status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the service center where you submitted your application" .

Even though i got the Receipt number i am unable to see the status on online.

Can any one have idea about this message

gvenu_reddy said:
My H1 filed on May 23 and i got the receipt number. when checked for status by using this number, its giving me error message that

"Status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the service center where you submitted your application" .

Even though i got the Receipt number i am unable to see the status on online.

Can any one have idea about this message

Check is there any typo in entering this info in online, did you put WAC or LIN per instruction with or without spaces. Check 2 more time. Then call service center office , the phone number is on the receipt notice

gvenu_reddy,

After how long did you receive your Notice of Receipt ?
My attorney has recently mailed in my application. When should I be expecting the Notice of Receipt that contains the WAC#.

For your problem, I recommend contacting the BCIS office. I have contacted them a couple of times during my OPT filing days. They seem to be quite helpful and I am sure they will assist you with your problem. They usually have a big queue over the phone, so have patience and you will definitely get through the automated system. Once it nearly took me as long as 30 mins; I was on hold for that long.

Hi Amit,

Thanks for ur reply. You can get the receipt number approxmately after 15 days u submitting application.

H-1 Approval Form

gvenu_reddy,

Any luck so far ?
Do you have any idea, how long does it usually take for the approval form to come in. ?
As you have filed for an H-1 on May 23, when are you expecting the approval form to come to you ?

Good Luck !!!

gvenu_reddy,

Dont worry. I remember going through a lot of mishaps during my OPT filing days, but eventually everything worked out.

Once someone shared with me, some words of wisdom. I would like to share them with you.

"ALL GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT"

Just hang in there and I am sure everything will work out. Keep trying to reach the people at the BCIS office. If you have gone through an attorney, which is most likely you would have, contact the lawyer and find out.

Do let me know whenever you receive your approval; I can then get a rough idea on the timeline for the same.

Keep in touch & GOOD LUCK !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
hi
i am also having the same problem , it is giving the same error ,essage for me .i got the receipt number but i cannot able to see the status online.

HI,
i filed on june 8th and got the receipt number in 2 weeks, but still giving the error message.
when i talked to my lawyer, he says that they will take time to update the details online ,but for my husband the message says that the INS recieved the papers and it will mail within 90 - 120 days to proces.
we both of us filed on the same dayby the same lawyer. :confused:

gvenu_reddy said:
U R better than me padma. I filed on May 23rd. I am still facing the same problem. :eek:

Still waiting for the status :cool:

I have applied H1 extn thru premium process on 5th july.Still not received receipt.Is that too early to get the receipt for premium process?

Notice of Receipt - Not Received

My attorney filed for my H-1 sometime around late June - early July and I too still have not received the Notice of Receipt.

amit_drummer said:
My attorney filed for my H-1 sometime around late June - early July and I too still have not received the Notice of Receipt.

Is it a premium processing case?
It is applied at CSC service center?
Could you please tell me the date it was applied?I just want to compare...

Thanks for the info...

Relax

WaitingonLC,

This is not a premium process and I would not know the exact date of filing, as my attorney has been working on my application. All I know is that the filing has been done sometime in late June - early July.

Yes, my attorney has filed my application in the California Service Center.

Don't worry and keep in mind that comparision will not help you get your H-1 faster. Things work out very erratically when it comes to VISAS and IMMIGRATION Services. EVERY case is unique and may have varied time-lines at every stage of the application.
For instance, I know of an acquaintance who received his OPT in 2 months and on the other hand, another acquaintance whom I knew, received his OPT in 4 months. (Both filed from the same University and at the same Service Center - California)

I too still haven't received the Notice of Receipt for my H-1, considering my attorney might have filed for my H-1 sometime in late June. There is absolutely no point in worrying over things that you don't have control over. Just chill and keep your fingers crossed.

Keep in touch and remember to update us when you get your H-1 approval.
Good Luck to you !!

Finally I got the approval. I got it on july 13th. My case is filed on May 23th.

Approxmately it took 50days for approval.

Amit it will take 15 days to get the receipt.

Congratulations !!!

gvenu_reddy,

Many many congratulations to you. Good Luck to you for all your future endeavors.

Was your's a premium processing case or a normal processing case ?
So how did you find out about your case, you received it in the mail or did your WAC# status finally reflect online ?

Keep in touch through this Immigration Forums.

Amit,

Its reflected on Online only. This is normal processing only. Its directly shown the approval status. Earlier i am facing case not found error.
Finally i got relief :p :p