H1B Revalidation Questions

appu_123

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I am a Civil Engg by profesion having 19 ears of experience in Construction line. I migrated to Canada in 2002 having Permanent Residency of Canada, and I am a Citizen of India.

I came to USA on H1B Visa in 2004. Since then I am in USA.
A Construction Company had sponsored my Visa.
But during my 1st year of H1B with the Construction company, I did not get any payroll or paystubs. Also, I did not get my W2 from that company. The company turned out to be careless, did not file the Company taxes as well. And so, I had to leave the company as it was shut down.

I did my H1B Transfer with one of the IT Consulting companies who sponsored my H1B and started working. I am regularly getting pay-stubs and get my W2 now, from my 2nd year of H1B. I am not into Construction line now and handle Administrative Services of the IT Company.

I am on the verge of completion of my 3rd year of H1B on 30-Sep-2007.
I am really worried because a) my change in line from Construction to IT and b) not having W2, paystubs for the 1st year of H1.
My case may be subjected to scrutiny and my visa extension can be denied when I go for Visa Revalidation. I have my children here studying here on Dependent Visa.

I can go to Canada and get my Visa stamped but I am worried because of the problems a) & b).
Can anyone please suggest what can I do in this case to go through successfully for the Visa stamping for H1B Revalidation.

I plan to stay in US for next 3-4 years having the legal I-797 petition for H1B Extension having legal stay. In other words not leaving USA till my Green Card comes. Is this stay a better approach rather than going for stamping to Canada with my problems.

Your thoughts/opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks