H1b pending, old one about to expire

consuelo2

Registered Users (C)
Hi there,
My H1B visa extension is pending in Vermont since 4/9/07 and my old H1B is about to expire.

Is it true that you can still stay in the country legally in case of "pending" H1B status ?

Thanks a lot for your help.
If you can share any references for that fact it will be appreciated.

Hi, I have the same case here. My app receipt date is May 14th and my visa (2nd term H1b) expires in a month. I put in my I-485 last month but havent received the receipt or anything. Did you get any answers to your question ? Pl do let me know. thanks!

whats going on with these pending H1b extensions. is it worth suing them for this problem. extension more than 6 months makes no sense

Hi there,
My H1B visa extension is pending in Vermont since 4/9/07 and my old H1B is about to expire.

Is it true that you can still stay in the country legally in case of "pending" H1B status ?

Thanks a lot for your help.
If you can share any references for that fact it will be appreciated.

You can continue to live and work as long as the petition is pending. There is no work authorization limit under Act 214(n) AC21 law if it was a case of transfer.
If it is an extension from the same employer, then work authorization limit is for 240 days from the data of expiry of I-94 and you can continue to stay until the case is pending. But you should not work after 240 days.