H1b or E Visa urgent

issy007

Registered Users (C)
Please help !!

Last week I finally got my H1b and my families H4 visa issued and my passports were returned to me last tuesday, I handed my notice into my current employer and was going to book my flights today, my current employer has come back with a great offer and a chance to move to US with my current employer (something they are normally very reluctant to do!) but its mine and my families dream to move to the US and I am very scared to turn down my new employer and my H1b and start afresh trying to get an E Visa, Be aware that our house has currently been rented out and my children and my wife are living with my parents and my children have finished, school.
what would you advise, would you thank your blessings that you had the opportunity with the H1b or bite the bullet and try for the E visa with the exsisting company, i dont want to have to stay in Uk another 12 months waiting for another visa and if i get turned down the dream would be over,

Could anyone with any advice please post and help me out
thanks

issy007 said:
Please help !!

Last week I finally got my H1b and my families H4 visa issued and my passports were returned to me last tuesday, I handed my notice into my current employer and was going to book my flights today, my current employer has come back with a great offer and a chance to move to US with my current employer (something they are normally very reluctant to do!) but its mine and my families dream to move to the US and I am very scared to turn down my new employer and my H1b and start afresh trying to get an E Visa, Be aware that our house has currently been rented out and my children and my wife are living with my parents and my children have finished, school.
what would you advise, would you thank your blessings that you had the opportunity with the H1b or bite the bullet and try for the E visa with the exsisting company, i dont want to have to stay in Uk another 12 months waiting for another visa and if i get turned down the dream would be over,

Could anyone with any advice please post and help me out
thanks

If I were you,I would not think about the E visa and offer from current employer...

There are some pros and cons to each visa:

On one side, the H-1B will belong to you. What I mean by this is that if you do not like your job once you are in the U.S. you will have the ability to transfer the H-1B to a new company, assuming you are in the same sort of position and the companies are similiar. The maximum amount of time on the H-1B is 6 years, unless there is a pending green card application. Your spouse cannot obtain a work permit.

On the other hand, the E-2 visa will allow you to remain in the U.S. indefinitely, as long as the company is willing to continue sponsoring you. Your spouse will be able to work . However, the E-2 is not a route to a green card and you are at the mercy of your company to keep you sponsored.