H1b FY 2006 - there could be a possibility of more visas

rk05

Registered Users (C)
Hello,
I'm one among the several people who just slipped out of FY 2006 quota, in a matter of day or two. In this context I started looking for a possibility of more visas that could be made avaialble on Oct 1st 2005. Please read through and post your opinions.

1. There are approximately 5000 unused Singapore and Chile (FY 2005) FTA visas and a similar number of unused visas from special 20k list (FY 2005).

http://www.siliconindia.com/shownewsdata.asp?newsno=29006

I hope that these will be made available to general use from Oct 1st 2005.

2. There was a slightly different situation last year as the quota got over on Oct 1st 2004. Since the fiscal year 2004 had just over, CIS had taken into account the remaining Singapore and chile FY 2004 visas before announcing the closure of FY 2005 general quota.
However now the good news is that FY 2006 is not yet over (approx 6 weeks remaining) and the decision of the leftover Singpore and chile visas cannot be made until Oct 1st 2005.

3. In the official press release of CIS (on Aug 12th 2005) it never mentioned about the Singapore and Chile visas of FY 2005, whereas in the previous year's press release (during closure of FY 2005), it had clearly mentioned saying that the unused FTA visas (FY 2004) have been considered.

All we can do is to wait n watch. If someone has any more information, please share.

cheers.

I think rk_05 might be correct. I have read in other website (don' rememeber) that the unused portion of previous fiscal year may be opened up again on Oct 2005, but they also mentioned wait and watch USCIS decision.

I am also in the same boat disappointed in missing this year's quota by a day. I hope something will open up.

Yes, I was talking about FY 2005 (last year's) left over Singapore and chile visas. (Not ""FY 2006 visas"". . . )

USCIS has not mentioned anything about it yet and "it can't" until Oct 1st 2005. We can only hope that some numbers remain unused. If so, then there is a very good chance of them opening up during October..

cheers. .

U R RIGHT rko5
there are unused one from FY2005 ..well what happens if they receive 20000 applications on 1st oct againest this quota ...

are they going to do the stupid " Random Processing " again ?

U R RIGHT rko5
there are unused one from FY2005 ..well what happens if they receive 20000 applications on 1st oct againest this quota ...

are they going to do the stupid " Random Processing " again ?

I guess so..

Btw, I just wanted to confirm one more thing.. In the press release, USCIS clearly mentioned that all petitions received on August 11th or later (including the ones that will be kicked out of random process on August 10th) will be returned back along with their filing fee.

This clearly means that the CIS will not retain any applications and if any unused visas become avialable on Oct 1st then applications have to be re-submitted, provided the CIS instructs to do so.

cheers. .

It would be great if more visas would become available on 1 Oct. I just have to find a sponsor until then :D ...
Even if i don't find ,there still be plenty of people who would be very happy about those visas....