H1b Filling...

anjali_sharma

Registered Users (C)
Can I apply for H1b from two different companies Or in other words, can one person have two H1b applications filled at the same time?

Thanks.

Thanks for the timely reply. Is there any limit for the no for applications filed for one person and if both of the applications get selected then is it upto the person to decide the company to work or Uscis decides that?

Thanks, I got one last question. During H1 Lottery, is it like one passport no is assigned one no or one H1b application is assigned one no, for the lottery?

I have a question of the same nature. If I apply in 2/3 places for H1 and all come thru, Then I can select any employer that I like to? Is there any consequences to that? Other than that they will not return the security deposit for filing the H1.

Each filing fee check gets a case number. Selection is made on random basis. Nothing to do with passport number.

If you have an employer asking for money from you to file a H-1B case- you better think twice. There is no such thing as taking deposit and not giving it back.

Also- how do you know for sure the employer did file your case? He may say he filed it and the case came back to retain your money. The letter USCIS sends when they reject a case that did not get selected in the quota does not have a name or a number to verify the letter is in reference to YOUR returned case.

so, it means that if one person has 2 approved applications, then Uscis will do a lottery again to fill the other position as one person can work only for one employer?

Here are responses from Murthy.

Chat User : Can a person, who is already in the U.S. in H-4 status, file 2 H1B petitions (with different employers)? If both petitions are approved, for which employer can s/he work?

Attorney Murthy : If a one files an H1B petition with multiple employers, then s/he can select the employer for whom to work. It is also possible for one employer to decide to cancel or revoke the H1B job offer if it is discovered that the person promised two employers to work in H1B status, with the intention of breaching at least one of the agreements. One must be careful and honest in such dealings.

hat User : I am on L-1 currently. Can 2 different companies file 2 H-1s for me this year? Will there be any problem later because of multiple H-1 filings?

Attorney Murthy : The only risk with this is if both H1Bs are accepted. In such a case one could be using up two numbers under the limited H1B quota. But there is no prohibition under law for a person to file with different employers other than the possibility of a breach of contract when one promises multiple employers that s/he will work on a full-time basis for each employer.