H1B Extension

bhaskargara

Registered Users (C)
Hi my Last (sixth) year will start from March 17th. If i file my labour now thru Perm/RIR and if it got approved before completing my 6th year. Can i extend my H1B for the 7th year.

-Bhaskar

bhaskargara said:
Hi my Last (sixth) year will start from March 17th. If i file my labour now thru Perm/RIR and if it got approved before completing my 6th year. Can i extend my H1B for the 7th year.

-Bhaskar

Yes, you will get extension untill your I-485 is approved.....

6 years of H1 expiring..Need your help please !!

:confused: 6 years of H1 expiring..Need your help please !!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friends,

I wish to have your suggestions/opinions on the following points.

The validity of my current H1-B visa is till April 3rd, 2005 and I'll be completing my 6 years of stay in U.S. My I-94 is valid till Arpil 13th, 2005 and my wifes I-94 is valid till April 3rd, 2005.

During my tenure of H1-B visa, I had spent about 75 vacation days outside U.S in India on three different trips. I now wish to re-capture this time as these days are very critical for me for my pending LC petition case.

My question is:
1). Since the time limit is very short 75 days (less than 3 months), I wish to have your suggestions on this whether i will be able to get this extension.

2). If it is possible to capture this vacation time, what reason should I mention for my extension if the department enquires me on this. ??
Do I have to show this vacation time as a business trip or personal visit to meet my parents or I was undergoing medical treatment in India ?
Does the purpose of my trip really matters for getting the extension for these 75 days.

3). In case if I have to show that I have undergone some medical treatment in India..Is there any specific Doctor's cerificate or any other format I can use ? Friends anyone who had used this method ..could you please post the format .

4). My First Visit to India was as follows
Left U.S on June 5th, 2002.
Came back in U.S on July 7th, 2002.

Should I start counting the number of days from June 5th till July 6th ?
Total 32 days OR
Should I start counting the number of days from June 6th(the day I landed in India) till July 6th. Total 31days.

5). Since my I-94 is valid till April 13th, 2005, can I file for H1-B extension to recapture this time after my current H1-B expires(April 3rd, 2005). Somewhere on Arpil 8th, 2005. or I have to file before April 3rd itself.

I would appreciate your help, if you could guide me for my case here. Any help from your end would go a long way. I hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks a bunch.

usamunda said:
:confused: 6 years of H1 expiring..Need your help please !!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friends,

I wish to have your suggestions/opinions on the following points.

The validity of my current H1-B visa is till April 3rd, 2005 and I'll be completing my 6 years of stay in U.S. My I-94 is valid till Arpil 13th, 2005 and my wifes I-94 is valid till April 3rd, 2005.

During my tenure of H1-B visa, I had spent about 75 vacation days outside U.S in India on three different trips. I now wish to re-capture this time as these days are very critical for me for my pending LC petition case.

My question is:
1). Since the time limit is very short 75 days (less than 3 months), I wish to have your suggestions on this whether i will be able to get this extension.

2). If it is possible to capture this vacation time, what reason should I mention for my extension if the department enquires me on this. ??
Do I have to show this vacation time as a business trip or personal visit to meet my parents or I was undergoing medical treatment in India ?
Does the purpose of my trip really matters for getting the extension for these 75 days.

3). In case if I have to show that I have undergone some medical treatment in India..Is there any specific Doctor's cerificate or any other format I can use ? Friends anyone who had used this method ..could you please post the format .

4). My First Visit to India was as follows
Left U.S on June 5th, 2002.
Came back in U.S on July 7th, 2002.

Should I start counting the number of days from June 5th till July 6th ?
Total 32 days OR
Should I start counting the number of days from June 6th(the day I landed in India) till July 6th. Total 31days.

5). Since my I-94 is valid till April 13th, 2005, can I file for H1-B extension to recapture this time after my current H1-B expires(April 3rd, 2005). Somewhere on Arpil 8th, 2005. or I have to file before April 3rd itself.

I would appreciate your help, if you could guide me for my case here. Any help from your end would go a long way. I hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks a bunch.

When did you apply for LC .....