H1B Extension

kesab

Registered Users (C)
Dear Gurus,
1. My first 3 year term H1 B will expire in July 31, 2005. May I know how soon I can apply for the H1B visa extension? Is it before 6 months or 4 months?

2. Also the new fee is $1685 ($1500 + $185) for extension, is it right?
thank you very much ..Kesab

1. My first 3 year term H1 B will expire in July 31, 2005. May I know how soon I can apply for the H1B visa extension? Is it before 6 months or 4 months? ---- You can apply 6 mos before it expires.

2. Also the new fee is $1685 ($1500 + $185) for extension, is it right?
thank you very much ..Kesab --------- I think the 1500 is only for the firtst H1-B and not for extensions/renewals.....Please check the forum threads.

H1-Extension

Hi Kesab,

I am also in the same boat. My H1B is expiring on July 05. How different is H1 Extension (applying for the second 3year term) different from the first 3year H1B. Can you please elaborate on the steps.

Also., what will be the procedure to procedure to extend my wifes H4. Please share any information you know. Is it really necessary to hire any lawyers.

Thanks

The $1500 (Training fee) will apply to the H-1 extension too. I think the training fee will not apply for 2nd H-1 extension with the same company.

Thank you very much.. Hi Onemore indian, the process for extension for H1 for another 3 years is same as a new H1 application.