H1B expired / Travel / Green Card advice needed urgently!

David Wild

Hi folks! I\'m getting into a bit of a fix here and would appreciate any help. My H1B expired Oct 1, 2000, and my company filed for an extension which was received by Vermont on September 29th. The approval still isn\'t through (I understand they are up to Sept 15th) and I am planning on traveling to the UK on Tuesday 19th December. Normally I would postpone the trip but for family reasons I need to go. I plan on returning to the US Jan 4th and hope that my approval will be through by then and I\'ll be able to get the visa from the US consulate in London. I can wait another week or so but my wife will have to return without me if it isn\'t through. A further complication is I got married in July and my wife is a U.S. citizen, but we haven\'t applied for a green card yet as ironically I was worried about not being able to travel outside the country. Any advice on whether my plan looks feasible or alternative options would really help out

Thanks! David

No Title

Hi David,

Did you receive any response on the query that you have placed on Dec 15 2000 regarding the H1 B expired and leaving the country status? If so, please let me know your response on that ASAP. Greatly appreciable your reply at kalabasky@hotmail.com

Thanks
Kala